Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame Letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Yeah and if I were HD Legal, I would tell you to shove it where the sun don't shine. Take the new frame or we will let the courts work this out in, oh about 2011.
I think you're being WAY too optimistic on how long it'll take to work this out in the courts! Draggng things out are what corporate lawyers do best.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM
dnitram
Road Master

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Yeah and if I were HD Legal, I would tell you to shove it where the sun don't shine. Take the new frame or we will let the courts work this out in, oh about 2011.

Windbags like you are the reason our liability rates are so damn high.
Thanks. I appreciate your gifted reply.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:27 PM
digz`
Tourer

Originally Posted by hawg08
As soon as I got it back I'd definitely DUMP IT! I totally agree with your comments concerning your uneasy feelings about having the bike disassembled then reassembled by some place other than the factory. As we all know some of the "techs" at some of the dealers aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree. There would be NO compromise where my loved ones are concerned. Now I'm not saying that the job wouldn't be done right, just that personally I wouldn't trust the bike anymore. It's gonna cost you some bucks but, in the long run, I believe the peace of mind would be worth it (at least it would be to me if I were in the same situation). Just my . Please keep us posted.
My thoughts exactly...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
bosco 09
Tourer

Originally Posted by dnitram
Did you consult with an attorney? We're talking about a LOT being at stake here: Most importantly is the potential safety issue which could lead to a loss of life or lives, not to mention certain injury if assembly has flaws or if there are other undetected flaws. Second, you made a significant purchase in good faith from Harley. You don't want a "pig in a poke" after it's all said and done. And have you thought that maybe, even if the bike is repaired correctly, that there will be a diminished value after the repair? A perfectly repaired car has a diminished value due to the fact it was repaired according to most insurance companies.

I wouldn't take another step without consulting a good attorney... As a matter of fact, I would have had an attorney write the letter to Harley. Such a letter would carry a lot more weight and importance. With that said, if I were in your situation, Harley would "eat" your present bike and give me a new one and it would be a 2010. A good attorney would see that you would be taken care of. (Note: No, I'm not an attorney, but I recognize when it's best to use one.)
you're either an attorney or you have been watching way too much TV or both.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
ultraman08
Advanced

Amazing to me that so many people think he is whining. I would not want a bike back that had a broken frame that got replaced. Remember Firestone and Ford ordeal?

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Smile

I see there has been a offer to trade for a road king but I Will trade Ultra for Ultra

P.S The guy is whining, Every Bike and car manufacture has warranty and recall Issues, Harley offered to repair the bike in a timely manner and give him another bike to ride while the repairs were dealt with, There are not a lot of Manufactures that go that far these day and that is the truth, And yes I remember ford and Firestone, neither company wanted to take responsibility. For as much as the Moco pisses me off sometimes I think they stepped up to the plate this time and offered a fair deal.

Last edited by TFTCAR; 07-08-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

gets better by the hour.. im seeing a lot of posers, rubs and appliance operators here
Ive built bikes and cars i know what can be done and you guys just make me laugh

Old 07-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhetor
For those who think it is no big deal to swap our a frame
It isn't a big deal.
Only time consuming.
Yes, I've done it, as you can see in my sig pic.
Yes, I put my 17 yr old daughter on it with me.
Yes, I ride it just as hard as I rode it straight from the dealer.
No, I'm not concerned anything will "fall off."

This entire "broken frame...MOCO should take it back...dump it" thread is starting to be comical.
It's a GD warranty claim, nothing more.
No more than a wrecked bike getting a new frame.

How many of you have ever worked production line work?
Ever missed something on what you were putting together?

If the OP is concerned with the dealer that'll be making the repairs, then perhaps he should find another dealer?
It's not written in stone that the dealer that sold this bike has to do the warranty claims on it.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
The OP is wondering how he can be sure that everything is reassembled 100% perfectly.Steve R.
How can you be sure it's assembled at the factory correctly?
You can't, as evidenced by this warranty claim...or the millions of recalls around the world every year by automobile manufacturers.

Last edited by BadPiggy; 07-08-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Broken Frame Letter