Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame Letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hawg08
What "cracks me up" is how when a point of view is given, there's always gonna be somebody that doesn't agree. That's why it's called a point of view. I don't agree with most of the stuff that goes on in liberal California but I'm not gonna bitch about it. That's just the way it is. Sorry that I don't share your view on this subject. I don't think I'll you'll have to worry too much about meeting me or riding with me since I don't normally associate with whiners. Additionallly, there's a lot more wrong with American than some guy voicing an opinion. Get over it.
Hey Howg Whiner, Funny I am not talking about point of view, could really care less. What I am talking about is the ethical value system people lack. By your comments you are exactly what I am with reference to.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

fight fight ...

Old 07-08-2009, 04:18 PM
617south
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring it to Jesse at West Coast choppers he welds Frames all the time.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:29 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
Hey Howg Whiner, Funny I am not talking about point of view, could really care less. What I am talking about is the ethical value system people lack. By your comments you are exactly what I am with reference to.
Ohhhh. I completely understand.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Road Twister
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering..anyone know what is the book allowed time to R&R a new EG frame??

Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
stamper5498
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can't we all just get along???

Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stamper5498
Why can't we all just get along???

because..

Old 07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by chieffieldeng
I have to agree with you, you aren't a nice guy. Sound like pretty much of an a$$hole to me.

Originally Posted by hawg08
Then you buy it and ride it. Haul your family around on it, enjoy it. BTW, dipshit...you don't know me but my friends (and believe it or not I do have a few) always seem to like my "tell it like it is" attitude. At least I have the stones to say what others are thinking and not continually trying to be politically correct. Sorry if I offended your delicate feelings.
actually, it doesn't sound to me like you offended 'his delicate feelings', but more that he is a 'tell it like it is' kinda guy.

since you (the op) don't seem like you think that dealership techs are all that competent, i got a deal for you. after you get your bike back, i'll trade you my 07 road king even up. my bike has never been wrecked, or had a frame replacement. even has new tires front and rear. sounds like a deal to me.....

Old 07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
dnitram
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you consult with an attorney? We're talking about a LOT being at stake here: Most importantly is the potential safety issue which could lead to a loss of life or lives, not to mention certain injury if assembly has flaws or if there are other undetected flaws. Second, you made a significant purchase in good faith from Harley. You don't want a "pig in a poke" after it's all said and done. And have you thought that maybe, even if the bike is repaired correctly, that there will be a diminished value after the repair? A perfectly repaired car has a diminished value due to the fact it was repaired according to most insurance companies.

I wouldn't take another step without consulting a good attorney... As a matter of fact, I would have had an attorney write the letter to Harley. Such a letter would carry a lot more weight and importance. With that said, if I were in your situation, Harley would "eat" your present bike and give me a new one and it would be a 2010. A good attorney would see that you would be taken care of. (Note: No, I'm not an attorney, but I recognize when it's best to use one.)

Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dnitram
Did you consult with an attorney? We're talking about a LOT being at stake here: Most importantly is the potential safety issue which could lead to a loss of life or lives, not to mention certain injury if assembly has flaws or if there are other undetected flaws. Second, you made a significant purchase in good faith from Harley. You don't want a "pig in a poke" after it's all said and done. And have you thought that maybe, even if the bike is repaired correctly, that there will be a diminished value after the repair? A perfectly repaired car has a diminished value due to the fact it was repaired according to most insurance companies.

I wouldn't take another step without consulting a good attorney... As a matter of fact, I would have had an attorney write the letter to Harley. Such a letter would carry a lot more weight and importance. With that said, if I were in your situation, Harley would "eat" your present bike and give me a new one and it would be a 2010. A good attorney would see that you would be taken care of. (Note: No, I'm not an attorney, but I recognize when it's best to use one.)

Yeah and if I were HD Legal, I would tell you to shove it where the sun don't shine. Take the new frame or we will let the courts work this out in, oh about 2011.

Windbags like you are the reason our liability rates are so damn high.

Quick Reply: Broken Frame Letter