Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame Letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I understand the OP's point of view. If I'd found something like that on my bike, and I "will" be looking at it the first chance I get , I'd be just as upset. I'm not sure I'd resort to the threats at this point in time though. If the MoCo appears to be making every effort to correct the problem, then they should be given a chance to do that. Making threats before the work even starts is not a good way to foster a good working relationship. I'm sure the MoCo fully understands their liability in this case. They, and the OP and his family, dodged a bullet on this one.

The OP is wondering how he can be sure that everything is reassembled 100% perfectly. It's sad to say, he can't, and the MoCo can't make that kind of guaranty. If they could, he wouldn't be having the frame problem in the first place and the MoCo wouldn't even have to offer a warranty because if perfection existed, there'd be no need for one.

Give them an honest chance to fix this. Also, selling the bike and turning right around to buy a new one won't guaranty anything either. You could wind up with some other problem. Ultimately, there are no guaranties beyond the manufacturers promise to fix something if it's not right. JMO FWIW!

Good luck with this!
Steve R.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:45 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

When I toured the factory in York, I was lead to believe during the tour that ALL welds were done by robots to avoid human error... Is this wrong? WTF! Robot had a hangover that day?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have owned this bike for just over 90 days, and fully understand to error is human, I will be honest and will have to say that there will always be that concern – are we sure 100% of all the fasteners, nuts and bolts were tightened to the Factory Specification and

MY BIG POINT: did Harley Davidson Motor Co. allow enough time for the Reassembling of the bike, so that the technician and SJH were not rushed to complete their job and still make some profit.

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
I think I understand the OP's point of view. If I'd found something like that on my bike, and I "will" be looking at it the first chance I get , I'd be just as upset. I'm not sure I'd resort to the threats at this point in time though. If the MoCo appears to be making every effort to correct the problem, then they should be given a chance to do that. Making threats before the work even starts is not a good way to foster a good working relationship. I'm sure the MoCo fully understands their liability in this case. They, and the OP and his family, dodged a bullet on this one.

The OP is wondering how he can be sure that everything is reassembled 100% perfectly. It's sad to say, he can't, and the MoCo can't make that kind of guaranty. If they could, he wouldn't be having the frame problem in the first place and the MoCo wouldn't even have to offer a warranty because if perfection existed, there'd be no need for one.

Give them an honest chance to fix this. Also, selling the bike and turning right around to buy a new one won't guaranty anything either. You could wind up with some other problem. Ultimately, there are no guaranties beyond the manufacturers promise to fix something if it's not right. JMO FWIW!

Good luck with this!
Steve R.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chieffieldeng
I have to agree with you, you aren't a nice guy. Sound like pretty much of an a$$hole to me.
100% Hope I never have the the pleasure of meeting or riding with you. Just Ghetto!

Originally Posted by n8dc
You guys crack me up ..Its all... if it was me all i want is 8 years of warranty and a new Lamborghini if you replace the frame or a new 2010.. Or its dump it? Why ? there isnt anything wrong with it other than a frame defect and thats easily fixed!.. The guy just has it in his head at this point thats he is better than anyone else and he wants a new bike period.. Im sorry and flame me if you must but the safety issue is b/s at this point.. No one injured no deaths end of subject.. Im thinking he needs to sell the damn thing after its fixed (thats where im putting my money) and get a dam honda ! ... Im waiting to see what h/d says my self . ?
100% Even if you gave the OP a new bike and his daughter all the tee-shirts in the store for free, this guys is not going to be happy. He just wants sympathy(which my Mama always said you can find in the dictionary) and freebies. Just fricking Ghetto. The OP loves hearing himself whinning.

And this just cracks me up how some of you guys are more than glad to screw someone with out looking back. Just BS. But what goes around comes around. And we wonder why America if so Fck'd up.

Last edited by leicafish; 07-08-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:16 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Lets meet OP

Originally Posted by leicafish
100% Hope I never have the the pleasure of meeting or riding with you. Just Ghetto!

100% Even if you gave the OP a new bike and his daughter all the tee-shirts in the store for free, this guys is not going to be happy. He just wants sympathy(which my Mama always said you can find in the dictionary) and freebies. Just fricking Ghetto. The OP loves hearing himself whinning.

And is just cracks me up how some of you guys is more than glad to screw someone with out looking back. Just BS. But what goes around comes around. And we wonder why America if so Fck'd up.

OP here...

Lets meet up in Sturgis - August 4, 2009 say 2:00 pm
at: http://www.ironhorseinnsturgis.com/index.php

Plesae do not tell me what is not going to make me happy, my ex-wife is aloud to do so with her attorney, in front of the judge.

Looking forward to ing ya... my picture is at www.trackadaptor.com just watch the top video, you will see me and my daughter standing next to each other in the slides...

I will leave a message where I will be sitting at the front desk: just ask for TrackAdaptor

Old 07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
chieffieldeng
Advanced

Originally Posted by hawg08
Then you buy it and ride it. Haul your family around on it, enjoy it. BTW, dipshit...you don't know me but my friends (and believe it or not I do have a few) always seem to like my "tell it like it is" attitude. At least I have the stones to say what others are thinking and not continually trying to be politically correct. Sorry if I offended your delicate feelings.
No offence taken, I too can tell it like it is and your attitude of "screw the other guy (and his family), I got mine", says ******* plain and simple. I have to agree with Leicafish who says that attitude is a lot of whats wrong with this country today.
Ride safe.

Last edited by chieffieldeng; 07-08-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
TFTCAR
Road Captain
Cool

I think you should sell the bike, not because there is anything wrong with it but because nothing the Moco will do will ever make you happy. I think you would be more happy with a offshore bike instead.

Last edited by TFTCAR; 07-08-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:26 PM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish

And this just cracks me up how some of you guys are more than glad to screw someone with out looking back. Just BS. But what goes around comes around. And we wonder why America if so Fck'd up.
What "cracks me up" is how when a point of view is given, there's always gonna be somebody that doesn't agree. That's why it's called a point of view. I don't agree with most of the stuff that goes on in liberal California but I'm not gonna bitch about it. That's just the way it is. Sorry that I don't share your view on this subject. I don't think I'll you'll have to worry too much about meeting me or riding with me since I don't normally associate with whiners. Additionallly, there's a lot more wrong with American than some guy voicing an opinion. Get over it.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Trade it for a 2010

Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
OP here...

Lets meet up in Sturgis - August 4, 2009 say 2:00 pm
at: http://www.ironhorseinnsturgis.com/index.php

Plesae do not tell me what is not going to make me happy, my ex-wife is aloud to do so with her attorney, in front of the judge.

Looking forward to ing ya... my picture is at www.trackadaptor.com just watch the top video, you will see me and my daughter standing next to each other in the slides...

I will leave a message where I will be sitting at the front desk: just ask for TrackAdaptor

Im sure this is gonna fire you up but its time you leave your kid outta this..Like i satated before no one was injured or killed and hiding behind your daughter looking for a new bike is pretty childish .. Every post includes her.. Hell I love my kids too but im not hiding behind them... Ask you x if you can have your wallys back dude... Your starting to fire me up now too... I just think your head is in your a$$ at this point.. Grow up and man up ..
Have a good evening..

Quick Reply: Broken Frame Letter