Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame Letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toastedoat
There is no way I would put either my wife or my 11 year old on that bike. Nor would I take it back - credit for what you paid towards a new machine should be what you get (maybe if not from just common decency then under the lemon law or something?), and the dealer should step up and send the bike back to the factory and use it as a quality control lesson to the workers.
.... Anyone ever tell you your nuts ? ...

Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 PM
bosco 09
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
.... Anyone ever tell you your nuts ? ...
they probably tell him that a lot judging by his solution

Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
No, you didn't.
You stated "reassembled"
You went on to state that MOCO couldn't guarantee that it'd be "reassembled" correctly, either.

I on the other hand, stated "assembled from the factory"
Meaning MOCO has QC programs in place at their plants, but things do get by the QC Inspectors.

"Assembled from the factory" and "reassembled at a dealership" are world's apart.

I can't help you with comprehension issues.
You'll need to figure that out yourself.
Well, I admit there have been times when I've misinterpreted something but I don't think that's the case here.

Your statement
"Assembled from the factory" and "reassembled at a dealership" are world's apart.
is strictly your opinion sir and not necessarily a statement of fact!
If the MoCo's QC programs were that great, the OP wouldn't have wound up with a cracked, or incompletely welded frame in the first place! Someone at the factory certainly dropped the ball in this case and there's no guaranty that won't happen again.

If San Jose Harley has competent, factory trained mechanics, there's no reason to believe that they can't successfully replace the defective frame and leave the owner with a safe reliable ride.

As I was trying to say in the first place, there aren't any 100% guaranty's either way so get over that. You can nitpick semantics all you want but the bottom line is, he has to give Harley an honest chance to make this right, which it sounds like they're trying to do. How about waiting to see how it turns out!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:00 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

Vince (or Vincent)

Have you talked to Bill (@SJH)? What does he say about all this. They've done frame-ups, collision repair etc. Which tech is on it?

Have you talked to an attorney re lemon laws and/or your other legal options?

I'd be curious to know the outcome.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Jesus H Christ!

New Bike? Lemon Law?

WOW!!!

Go buy two torque wrenches (an inch pound and a foot pound) and simply check all the critical fasteners on your bike when u get it back, and again at... let's say 10,000 miles?

Sound familiar? That is the NORMAL service routine.

So... now that your robot welder went on strike??? How can ANY of you ever trust buying a MOCO product again? Seriously?

This is a killer thread!

I'd make a wager that the 'get a new bike' crowd and the 'bike will kill my daughter' crowd NEVER spun one wrench ever in life! I find the statements that the techs are morons demeaning and insulting. Just like ALL firefighters kill their dogs with rifles in their basements?(an Ohio sensation)!

THAT is NOT true and neither is it true that mechanics are azzholes. It's the Suits that are the azzholes.

Get a off shore bike, PLEASE!!!

Last edited by wurk_truk; 07-11-2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: stoopid because I work with my hands for a living
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM
ptcs
Advanced
Default we need an update

(lookin out the cracked door)...Is the fight over???? Damn you guys don't play well with others!!!heheheh...

Anyway how did this deal finally work out??? Best of luck with it and hope you get what you really are asking for...a new bike..even thought I bet you dont'..I fully understand your feelings and also some of the oposing opinions too!!!! ride safe my friends!!!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ptcs
(lookin out the cracked door)...is the fight over???? Damn you guys don't play well with others!!!heheheh...

Anyway how did this deal finally work out??? Best of luck with it and hope you get what you really are asking for...a new bike..even thought i bet you dont'..i fully understand your feelings and also some of the oposing opinions too!!!! Ride safe my friends!!!

plus 1

Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well this is a tough one.. I would of asked for a new bike. Lets think about this, you probably paid 20+ for this bike, and it should be right. Well at 90 days, there is a huge issue with it! Replacing the frame is a big deal..... we are not talking about a leak we are talking about a total frame replacement!

Fight them to the end, you got nothing to lose, your already getting the frame replaced... but I believe as a customer, their service needs to give you more!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Well, the OP first posted in early July. The last post to this until today was almost two months ago. Hopefully the OP will see this and give us an update. I'm sure all of us would like to know how it turned out.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:04 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

doesn't harley put the same vin. number on the new frame as the old? this way the motor and frame match up if checked. should not cause a problem when selling bike.

Quick Reply: Broken Frame Letter