Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spend a pretty fair amount of time cleaning her up. Not too often is it a full on wash, a lot of detail spray and nanowax though

Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

Not really, I have only washed my bike twice in the 5-6 months I've had it. Not a big fan of swirl marks and most of my time is spent riding it during the daylight so I don't have the time to wait for it to cool off to wash it.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

california duster after a ride and clean the bugs of the front .... full wash after riding in rain or when the road grime gets bad

Old 07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcanrun
Ok, first to admit that I hate a dirty bike. Makes me crazy to see dust and bug crap on the fairing. So, I guess I pretty much clean the bike after each ride. Don't really go hog wild, usually use one of the California dusters and then spray cleaner. And my bikes mostly stock. I can't imagine having a custom paint job and chromed out bike. Would drive me nuts trying to clean the damn thing all the time. Anyone else out there obsessed with cleaning and polishing your bike?
My question is a little off subject but I want to know what is the best thing or way to clean the fairing and other fiberglass parts without leaving swirls.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Obsessed with cleaning? Short answer,---NO! ---- Not anymore.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

I used to be obessed with this as well, however after my bike was a few years old I become a little bit less concerned. I can ride it and park it and watch people ooh and aah over it even when I consider it to be filthy.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, first to admit that I hate a dirty bike. Makes me crazy to see dust and bug crap on the fairing. So, I guess I pretty much clean the bike after each ride. Don't really go hog wild, usually use one of the California dusters and then spray cleaner. And my bikes mostly stock. I can't imagine having a custom paint job and chromed out bike. Would drive me nuts trying to clean the damn thing all the time. Anyone else out there obsessed with cleaning and polishing your bike?
I too am **** about my bike. Went on a 200 mile cruise last Sunday, washed it on Monday. lol. I just want it clean and ready to go for the next time I jump on it, but mine doesn't stay dirty very long. Have the Blaster rigged up in my shop so I don't have to touch it to dry it. Keeps the scratches down to a minimum.

Tried a lot of waxes etc, and have to say I use the Kalguard spray and it works extremely well.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with you on every bit of what you said. I can't stand to have a dirty bike. I also wash and polish most every time I ride. I unfortunately contribute most of my illness to my military carrier. I was use to spit and polish every day for more years than I could recall. Hell, I still spit shine my boots. Is there any help?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner

Tried a lot of waxes etc, and have to say I use the Kalguard spray and it works extremely well.
Where do you get your Kalguard spray? I can't seem to find any.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I suspect many of us really devote more time than absolutely necessary to keep our bikes looking nice. But I just love pulling in to gas up, or stopping for a snack, and having somebody ask me, "Is that a brand new model?" I just smile and reply, "Not quite, it's got over 70,000 miles on it".... Makes it all worth while.

Quick Reply: Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?