Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends...Rainy Day, I'll clean it good,
I usually do a full blown once a month
Daily is a basic get the bugs off before the add weight....

Old 07-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,110 Likes on 3,652 Posts

I hate washing it...Just wash it every 4 weeks or so...keep the windshield clean and the lamps clean. What i do for sure is make sure my tires pressure is correct and oil is checked and all lights are working.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jcanrun
I can't imagine having a custom paint job and chromed out bike. Would drive me nuts trying to clean the damn thing all the time.
Heres a pic of my broinlaws bike.I would not want to have to keep this thing clean!

Attached Thumbnails Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?-dscn0498.jpg   Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?-dscn0499.jpg  
Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

I usually take a wet rag put it in the microwave (got one in the garage) and heat it up, then wipe the windshield and fairings down to get the bugs and road grime off it after each ride. Also use a detailer spray once every couple rides to clean up the bike. Otherwise I wash it when it needs it, mainly when the road grime builds up on the bottom and the wheels start looking bad.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am obsessed also....

I ride it once...clean it twice...LOL
I ride alot..I usually clean it on a weekday eve after dinner.....
then ride...ride....ride....Sat and Sun.....and when I get time off...I ride...ride...some more

Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, first to admit that I hate a dirty bike. Makes me crazy to see dust and bug crap on the fairing. So, I guess I pretty much clean the bike after each ride. Don't really go hog wild, usually use one of the California dusters and then spray cleaner. And my bikes mostly stock. I can't imagine having a custom paint job and chromed out bike. Would drive me nuts trying to clean the damn thing all the time. Anyone else out there obsessed with cleaning and polishing your bike?
You, are not enjoying the sport.I too love a clean bike,but not to the point of being ****.Look close at some of the regularly maintained bikes that are driven daily and tell me the patina doesn't look right.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bike is for riding. The bugs prove it's been somewhere. Pledge and a microfiber cloth keep it presentable without too much muss or fuss. I ride and I'll let somebody else have a cleaner bike. I don't give a FUc --- damn!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:12 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, first to admit that I hate a dirty bike. Makes me crazy to see dust and bug crap on the fairing. So, I guess I pretty much clean the bike after each ride. Don't really go hog wild, usually use one of the California dusters and then spray cleaner. And my bikes mostly stock. I can't imagine having a custom paint job and chromed out bike. Would drive me nuts trying to clean the damn thing all the time. Anyone else out there obsessed with cleaning and polishing your bike?
I believe they have medication now that you may find helpful.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

my shovel head hasn't been washed since about 1993. that's how much i like cleaning.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spray clean my fairing about every other time I ride, then wash it about once ebery two weeks. This has gone down, I used to wash it at least once a week. Just don't have the time anymore.

Quick Reply: Obsessed with cleaning/polishing?