Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiantz lights and a tail of 2 companies

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiantz lights and a tale of 2 companies

I bought a flashing taillight from Radiantz lights and paid almost $200 for it and it work great. But after a while I notice my headlight would stay on when the ignition was in the accessory position. I listen to the radio sometimes when parked and didn't want the light on while parked. I couldn't figure out the problem so I took it to the dealer thinking it was a wiring problem. They said if it was something other than original part I would have to pay. Fair enough, so they traced it down and it was the taillight. So I paid for it because it was a aftermarket part. So I called Radiantz and told the lady all I wanted was a new light and I didn't want to sent the light back till they sent me a new one. She said "oh no problem here's the RA# just send the old light back after the new one gets there" I didn't ask for the $140 that the dealer charged me to find out the taillight was the problem. All I wanted was a new light and not be without a light for 2 weeks while we exchanges lights. After a week I called to ask where the light was and she said it was sent out last week and it should be there anytime. Well today still no light so I called again, now I'm told " oh we can't send you the light until you send the old light back " I ask to speak to the owner because they flat lied about sending the light. He wouldn't talk to me about it so I guess I'm out 200 for a POS light. I remember someone else saying they had trouble with them and I wish I had listened and bought the Badass light. Don't be fooled like I was don't buy from them. Now for the other vendor, I bought a ARC Amp from Firecap who is a sponsor here. It worked great for a while but the radio started to just stop playing the other day. I called Wayne to ask what might be the problem. He said it might be the amp or the radio. He said let me send you a new amp just to make sure it isn't the amp. If it not it's the radio, and at least you will know it's not the amp" How can two vendors be as opposite as this? I will never buy from Radianz again, period. Firecap is the kind of vendor that will take care of his customers and will be there when companies like Radianz are long gone.

Last edited by Trock; 07-09-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They suck, period. They do lie on the phone, have super slow shipping and their lights are available thru other sources, sometimes for a better price and always much better service. But I avoid their stuff altogether since I found others with top quality lights and lifetime guarantee.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 07-08-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used the radiantz strip lights and made own leds...and never had any problems but i did buy through another vendor and they did send some more tube and caps with out charge so i cant complain.....but sorry you had trouble....

Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Customer serive is very important. I have delt with Firecapt and the service was great. I have even had great customer service from Klock Werks and Paul Yaffe at Bagger Nation. I know how frustrating it can be when someones customer service is terrible.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In reference to the light... I installed a LED tail light from Custom Dynamics. Had the same issue as you, only it was my passing lamps that would come on. Gave them a call and they told me to look at the plug where it goes in to the wiring harness of the bike. If you see a jumper wire (mine was pink) try to unplug one of the pins and reinstall. They said cut the wire, which would have worked, but I preferred to just pull the pin out of the plug so I didn't F-it up.

About customer service... Firecap is the best. Just got a Dragonfly fairing with his audio in it. Radio took a crap on me and he offered to pull his out of his fairing and send it to me so I would have minimal down time. That's the best in my book. I have a road trip planned this weekend. Will be posting a review of the audio soon....

Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by matrix5
In reference to the light... I installed a LED tail light from Custom Dynamics. Had the same issue as you, only it was my passing lamps that would come on. Gave them a call and they told me to look at the plug where it goes in to the wiring harness of the bike. If you see a jumper wire (mine was pink) try to unplug one of the pins and reinstall. They said cut the wire, which would have worked, but I preferred to just pull the pin out of the plug so I didn't F-it up.

About customer service... Firecap is the best. Just got a Dragonfly fairing with his audio in it. Radio took a crap on me and he offered to pull his out of his fairing and send it to me so I would have minimal down time. That's the best in my book. I have a road trip planned this weekend. Will be posting a review of the audio soon....
Thanks I'll check that out. The Radiantz customer service told me to leave a message with the owner and he would call me back. Never heard a word from him. How do they stay in business?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Don W.
Cruiser

Good information. Was considering Radiantz. Now...not so much!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:10 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have nothing but good to say about Radiantz. I have alot of their L.E.D.'s on my bike and wouldn't even consider using anyone else. I've been treated well by them and all of my lights have been bought directly from them.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:50 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed Kuryakyn tail, rear running/blinkers and front running/blinkers four years ago. No problem with installation and haven't had a problem at all.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I have nothing but good to say about Radiantz. I have alot of their L.E.D.'s on my bike and wouldn't even consider using anyone else. I've been treated well by them and all of my lights have been bought directly from them.
That's good and hope you don't. I liked the light but it had a defect and the first time I talked to them they indicated they knew about it. They flat lied to me three times, they said they would exchange it and even gave me a RA#. Then they said it was mailed last week and it wasn't. Then they said the owner would call me right back. That was 4 days ago. If someone buys one and it works you'll ok, if you buy one and have a problem good luck. I'm not the only one thats had problems.

Quick Reply: Radiantz lights and a tail of 2 companies