Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

autotune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
MotorSgt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autotune?

Can I hear about yall's experiences with these new autotune systems. I know there are a few out there like DTT, Tmax, and PCV. Im trying to decide whether or not to make the switch and I want to hear what yall think. I currently run the PCIII and it has been good but there have been slight issues since the day I started using it which im thinking are related to the PC. Thanks guys

Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Call Jamie at Fuel Moto and ask his opinion. He sells most or all of these tuners, for sure the PCV and T'Max.

I installed the PCV-AT on my '07 SG and am very satisfied. This topic has been covered extensively here and if you search on "auto-tune", "PCV", or "Fuel Moto" you'll get plenty of feedback--less so for the other tuners. If you have any specific questions ask away.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran the DTT for some time and it was a good tuner, but had some quirks. Any Alpha N tuner (DTT, Tmax) are somewhat limited but overal do a really good job if the base map is close and you dont mind fussing with them a bit. I have since switched to a TTS Mastertune and love it. Unlimited capabilities, and is not overly hard to learn to use.

Any tuner, you need to read a lot, understand how it works and be willing to make some adjustments to get it right.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tuner

I started with the PCIII then the TMAX and really wasn't happy with either,I now have the TTS tuner which impresses the hell out of me how well it works.I'm no whiz when it comes to this stuff but you can't go wrong with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:20 PM
MotorSgt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS? im not familiar with that one. What does that stand for?

Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MotorSgt
TTS? im not familiar with that one. What does that stand for?
Be advised that TTS is not an auto-tune system. It was developed by Steve Cole, the creator of the original SERT for HD, and works with the stock ECU and narrow-band O2 sensors, offering many features, some of them unique. But like the stock system closed-loop mode stops at about 50% TP, and to tune accurately for WOT you'll need a dyno tune. Also, closed-loop can be altered only down to about 14.2:1. The PCV-AT auto-tunes throughout the RPM and TP range, including WOT.

These two tuners are like apples and oranges, but in the right hands either will provide an excellent tune. A PCV-AT from Fuel Moto, given one of their excellent base maps, is a true auto-tune system for AFR that you can literally install and ride. Detractors will say that ignition advance is not auto-tunable, which is true, but the key is to have accurate values placed in the base map at the outset.

Last edited by iclick; 07-07-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Mechano
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Call Jamie at Fuel Moto and ask his opinion. He sells most or all of these tuners, for sure the PCV and T'Max.

I installed the PCV-AT on my '07 SG and am very satisfied. This topic has been covered extensively here and if you search on "auto-tune", "PCV", or "Fuel Moto" you'll get plenty of feedback--less so for the other tuners. If you have any specific questions ask away.
I searched around but didn't find final response...

Using autotune on PCV can you insert a canned fuel map, the AFR map, and find the canned map completely modified by the autotune module?

If so, can you also download the such modified fuel map to give to another rider with the same bike, AC/Pipes and PCV but no autotune, to upload into it's PCV?

So if I use autotune and get modified the map, can I reove the autotune and use only that map previusly created by the autotune?

Or am I obliged to have the autotune permanently installed if I want to use an AFR map that correct my bike's fuel mixture to it's optimum?

Old 08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mechano
I searched around but didn't find final response...

Using autotune on PCV can you insert a canned fuel map, the AFR map, and find the canned map completely modified by the autotune module?

If so, can you also download the such modified fuel map to give to another rider with the same bike, AC/Pipes and PCV but no autotune, to upload into it's PCV?

So if I use autotune and get modified the map, can I reove the autotune and use only that map previusly created by the autotune?

Or am I obliged to have the autotune permanently installed if I want to use an AFR map that correct my bike's fuel mixture to it's optimum?
You can install the PCV + AT and after riding the bike through all ranges over a period of time you can "Accept Trims" and create an accurate base map for that hardware combo. You can then load that base map on a bike with a PCV (no AT) and it will work equally well. You can also detach the AT and run the original bike on the base map you've created if desired.