Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I traded in my Dyna Fatbob for a E-Gilde standard..

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:07 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
|
Road Captain
Red face So I traded in my Dyna Fatbob for a E-Gilde standard..

Well in may I purchased my first Harley, an 09 Fatbob. I've put alil over 2000 miles on it. Over the past two months I just dont feel satisfied with it, my dream bike has always been a bagger.

I've been looking for a street glide but the cheapest 2007+ one around here was $16500 so i test drove it drove great but the condition of the denim paint didnt apeal to me, had scuffs and chips. But then i saw the dealer also had this loaded 07 FLHT for $13500 the thing instantly caught my eye, it seem to be a much greater value then the Street Glide, so i test drove it and fell in love with it the only complaint I have with it is that the standards dont have a radio but that could be added later.

I plan on taking off the tour pack and seat and give them to my dad for his road king, I have a badlander seat sitting in my garge that i'm going to use and im going to get a low black wind shield to give it the street glide look. So what do you think? I'm finalizing the deal on wendsday.

Oh yea I'm getting my first "geezer-glide" at age 20

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:09 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Congrats on the new ride. It sounds like you scored a deal.

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:12 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like a good deal!

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:13 AM
stafford
Road Warrior

It sounds to me like you gotta heckuva deal there Kevin, I know you'll enjoy it.

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:16 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats on the new ride. You're going to really enjoy it. And I'll bet your dad is happy to be betting a tour pak.

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:21 AM
dave7mm
Cruiser

You did good.
You'll be riding.
Your 20 year old friends wont be.
At least not anywhere near as far as you.
dave

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:21 AM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer

Huh. That's a well-appointed and good looking Standard. It seems to be a good deal. Good for you!

You said you were not satisfied with the Street Bob. Was it because it did not have wind protection and hard bags?

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:25 AM
THABULL
Road Master

Good deal for sure , I would think twice about giving up that tour-pack though , once you get used to it it's hard to do without , get a quick detatch kit for it for when you want to look cool! $500 for a biketronics radio system and you'll be one happy camper!

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:30 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2K1FLHPI
Huh. That's a well-appointed and good looking Standard. It seems to be a good deal. Good for you!

You said you were not satisfied with the Street Bob. Was it because it did not have wind protection and hard bags?
My fatbob is a great bike handles and takas corners like a giant sport bike and with stg1 it all most feels alil faster then the adverage harley and would highly recomend it to somone looking for a dyna, but I've always loved the look of the fairing and hard bags, the "be all, end all" (or wateverthe sayinf is) of a motorcycle, and just how bad *** they look.

Old 07-07-2009 | 09:38 AM
RAP
Road Master
Thumbs up

Nice looking bike, but I would leave the tour pak on for a while. You will be glad you did.

Quick Reply: So I traded in my Dyna Fatbob for a E-Gilde standard..