Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 03:33 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

This sucks. I was wiping down the bike to take some pics and noticed a crack in the chrome on the rear pipe. My question is do I contact the place I bought the pipes from(american classic motors) or do I contact Hard Krome about sending out a replacement set. Also, I saw where someone else received their pipes with some scratches and requested a replacement set. Were the new pipes sent out while the damaged pipes remained on the bike? I really don't want to be without pipes while this whole process takes place.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Warpig
Advanced
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

I would call American Classics and strongly suggest that they overnight a new set to you, tell them this is your only mode of transpertation . Only thing is they will more than likely want proof of the bad set they sent you. Sorry that happened to you, I'm expecting my T-Rex duals next week from the same company, I hope the same crap doesnt happene again.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:18 PM
rollover
Road Captain

I just emailed them and sent the picture. You can definitely see the crack in the pic. I have plenty more if they need. Hopefully won't be a big hassle. I'm sure yours will be fine as this is the only set I have seen or heard of having this problem. Just my luck I guess.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was me. My pipes arrived and the left pipe had some abrasions in it from shipping. I contacted the company that I bought them from, emailed them pics, and they immediately sent me a replacement set. I now have the old set in the garage. They were to send me a pre paid shipping document to send he old ones back but didn't. I'll need to contact them about this.
No issues with my replacement set. Good luck.
ORIGINAL: rollover

This sucks. I was wiping down the bike to take some pics and noticed a crack in the chrome on the rear pipe. My question is do I contact the place I bought the pipes from(american classic motors) or do I contact Hard Krome about sending out a replacement set. Also, I saw where someone else received their pipes with some scratches and requested a replacement set. Were the new pipes sent out while the damaged pipes remained on the bike? I really don't want to be without pipes while this whole process takes place.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:30 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Thanks Abnmarine. I'm sure they will be cool about it. I already rifled off one pic to them. Right at the bottom of the crack the chrome just seems like it didn't stick. I can probably peel it at that one point. Maybe something was on the pipe before the chroming process. Quick question: what needs to be done in my profile in order to post a pic of my bike in my posts? I already hosted the image with imageshack but not sure what needs to be done to have it show up at the bottom of my posts.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

blame Bountyhunter....he done it

Old 05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With two problems just on this forum you wonder how good their quality control is?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:41 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Can't really blame Hard Krome for the abrasions from shipping. The pipes come very well packaged. I watched my UPS guy struggle with the box. He dropped them pretty hard on the tail ends when he took them off the truck. I checked the tails right away when I got the box in the house and there was no damage. I could definitely see the abrasions taking place because of the shipping company. As for mine, hopefully just a fluke that will be rectified quickly. Do I regret the purchase or would I switch makes if given the chance: No Way. They sound too nice.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:57 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Abnmarine, what was the name of the company you ordered from as I just received a response from American Classic Motors that they need the originals back before anything can be done about the pipes.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Warpig
Advanced

I wondering myself how the Quality Control department is, but Ive paid for mine and cant wait to get them. I will be sure to let you guys know how it all works out.

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes