Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Are you referring to the same pipes? If so I ordered mine from Phat performance and they provided great support.

I think this topic has been blown out of context. No one can claim that another manufacturer never has a defect. The issue is from the vendor, not HK. Had the vendor not been such a dick you would already have a replacement set shipped. Sounds to me like American Classic just drop ships their orders and don't even carry an inventory.

rollover, I hope this all works itself out for you soon.
ORIGINAL: rollover

I have checked the dynojet site for a map for these pipes and they have one but it says "advanced map". Does anyone know what that means? Is the map for the 25 degree injectors? Who is a reputable vendor that I should order from without fear of going through the same crap I am going through?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:59 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that an advanced map is one that was built with both cylinders being tuned seperately. Mine was just done that way. One fuel map per cylinder.

Bob

ORIGINAL: rollover

I have checked the dynojet site for a map for these pipes and they have one but it says "advanced map". Does anyone know what that means? Is the map for the 25 degree injectors? Who is a reputable vendor that I should order from without fear of going through the same crap I am going through?

Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Abnmarine, I would have agreed with you earlier in this situation about Hard Krome and still would had they stepped up and offered to help or replace the rear pipe for me. Their response that I had no choice but to go through the vendor even knowing about the situation leaves me not wanting to buy their product again. I originally just wanted the rear pipe replacement from either the vendor or the manufacturer but since a full refund is on the table I think I will cut my losses and buy another product. I'm open to suggestions but V&H is leading the way.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Branded
Road Master

For what its worth, a buddy of mine had a problem recently with a old style rear Rinehart pipe that crack where the bracket was welded to the pipe. He called Rinehart and told them his problem. They sent him a new pipe no questions asked. He asked them if he needed to send them the defected pipe and they told him they had no use for, to toss to the trash. Thats what I call service.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
rollover
Road Captain

This just gets better by the minute. The seller filed for a refund on his Ebay fees concerning our transaction. He told Ebay I had not paid for the item and Ebay informed me that they put an unpaid item strike on my record. I appealed the strike and sent them all the info they needed about this situation and asked them how could the seller be offering a full refund through Paypal if he hasn't received payment. The strike has since been lifted. LOL

Old 05-22-2006, 11:36 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the only option is to drive out to his business and wack him over the head with the defective pipe.

Damn..... There goes my military way of thinking again.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:10 AM
rollover
Road Captain

Don't think I haven't thought about it. Just started vacation today so I have nothing but time. Always up for a road trip.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Iam so sorry to hear of this continuing BS
I truely hope you find a 2 into 1 exhaust thats suits your needs.

That way you can have performance and sound

Old 05-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Branded
Road Master

But what about looks [8D]

ORIGINAL: Bruce00

Iam so sorry to hear of this continuing BS
I truely hope you find a 2 into 1 exhaust thats suits your needs.

That way you can have performance and sound

Old 05-23-2006, 07:05 AM
mario
Intermediate

Rollover, Sorry to hear about your pipes, I recieved my T-Rex true duals via "the Ace Ventura UPS guy" on the 16th of this month. The box was left out front up on end. Neddless to say I took a sh*tload of pictures of the damaged box. I opened the box and to my surprise I found damaged pipes. The front pipe had a caved-in shield, and the chrome was cracking and chipping. So, I took more pictures. Being the busy guy I am, I wasn't able to call American Classic until Monday morning the 21st, they returned my call prompty and honored an exchange with shipping include. I mailed the pipes back on the 21st. I'm praying that the next set come without issue!!!! I'll be out there waiting with my camcorder for when "the Ace Venture UPS guy" makes his next delivery with my pipes. Good luck to both of us.

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes