Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
raftgyde
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Post 'em!

Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Rollover, I suspect come Monday when you get on the phone with HK you will have a new pipe shipped out imediately...can't imagine HK would want to see any dissatisfied customers posting complaints about their products on the HD Forum.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
jv225
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have had enough of the email BS after 2 emails and been on the phone. Especially with the attitude it seems that guy has. Give them a call and get it sorted out

Old 05-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that is funny. Don't make me go out into my garage and take a photo of the damaged pipes laying next to my SG with the replacement pipes installed.

Of course this tool would just claim that I messed up and ordered two sets not knowing they were sold as a pair.
ORIGINAL: rollover

Hey Abnmarine, this guy says there is no way you were sent replacement pipes without having to return the originals first:

"There isnt a company in the world that would send a replacement without receiveing the product. That is absolutely absurd and unrealistic."

Guess he doesn't understand good business practices. This is what I am dealing with so beware.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I did. I called them 5 minutes after opening the box. They requested for me to email them a picture and 45 minutes after I sent it, they replied stating they were sending me a replacement set. No issues at all with Phat performance. Their customer service is top notch.
ORIGINAL: fimduc

Interesting...this is Phats Performance Warranty FINE PRINT......Abnmarine, did you have to notify Phats before you installed yout T-Rex pipes that you had damage?

Chrome
All Chrome items including exhausts should be thoroughly inspected for defects in the chrome or other damage before installation onto the bike. If any defects are detected you must notify us immediately by telephone or email. Once you have installed Chrome items they are not returnable. This does NOT include scratches or blemishes to the chrome, which as stated above must be detected and reported to us BEFORE installation begins. We hope the above is clear, if you install it is non returnable except for manufacturers defects and even then it will only be for exhange of like item.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

I'd contact your credit card company and explain to them that you were sent a damaged product that the vendor is unwilling to exchange. Then I would file a complaint with the BBS against American Classic.

I'm glad that I spent $40 more through Phat as they were very helpful in resolving my issues. Best of luck to you rollover.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:40 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Tried the phone number thing almost at the beginning of all this crap. Asked for a direct number so we could speak. He wouldn't send it. I tried calling the company number that was included in his emails and no answer. Now how far would one have to go to the basement to answer the company phone.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:46 PM
rollover
Road Captain

The whole credit card thing is where this really sucks. I had a few auctions going on Ebay that required me to be able to receive payments so I had to verify my account with Paypal. I had the funds from the auctions transfered to my checking account. Upon purchasing these pipes from an Ebay auction, when I went to pay using Paypal, I thought I was charging the amount to my credit card but by default, Paypal withdrew the funds from my checking account. I knew that was a mistake from the start. Now it is haunting me. Not sure what recourse I have with Paypal but I will definitely be looking into it tomorrow.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:05 PM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: rollover

I should really post some of these emails I am getting from this guy. Unreal. I have never dealt with a business like this before. He sure knew how to take my money no problem. He keeps implying that it is installer related damage and that he has installed these pipes before but yet he doesn't understand that the damage is on the drivers side and that the pipe is installed on the passenger side. He has also stated that we as customers want cut rate prices and yet still expect first rate customer service. I guess he feels he should be able to sell damaged goods and that is the extent of his service.
This pretty much sums up everything I've heard about American Classic Motors....THEY WON'T STAND BEHIND ANYTHING!

Old 05-21-2006, 10:45 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My T-rex 3" Ture Duals are in a dumpster in Chatsworth. Total junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on the road when I noticed a hole in the right side. I had very little choice. Either continue my 3700 mile ride with the Hard Krome juck or toss them and put on a decent set.

I had neither the time or inclination to deal with Hard Krome. So I tossed their $730 pipes and replaced them with Rinehart 2-1. Better performance and gas mileage. Plus I got rid of my ear plugs. T-rex has an obnoxiously loud high roar that gave me a headache after several hours. Don't think the hole in the pipe made much difference.

Bottom line is Hard Krome quality sucks. They look nice, granted but the Rinehart 2-1 boosted my HP/Torque by 10 and MPG by 20. I'll suffer with the look.

Just returned from Bryce Canyon 2up with the wife. While cruising between 35 and 60 I got an amazing 56 mpg while my Dyno run was 75 HP and 80 Torque. T-Rex couldn't get anything like that!

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes