Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:58 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Hey Abnmarine, this guy says there is no way you were sent replacement pipes without having to return the originals first:

"There isnt a company in the world that would send a replacement without receiveing the product. That is absolutely absurd and unrealistic."

Guess he doesn't understand good business practices. This is what I am dealing with so beware.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:25 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

I was going to buy the T-Rex from American Classic on eBay because their price is $620 inlcuding shipping. But now that I read all their "stuff" on the eBay listing I wil not order from them. I have dealt with Matt at Phats before and as Abnmarine experienced he takes care of his customers. The following is the FINE PRINT from the eBay listing of American Classic Motorcycles

How do I return something ?

Items that are shipped correct according to auction specifics will not be exchanged / returned for any reason unless damage is reported at delivery.

What is the Warranty / Tech Support ?

All of our new products are first-quality & covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. All contents within the factory box are covered manufacturer direct. You will need to contact the manufacturer direct and follow there specific procedures for exchange/repair. Although it might be frustrating, we will not exchange the defective item without following the manufacturer’s guidelines.

About Us

Whether it be Wholesale Parts, Chopper Builds, or Pre-Owned Motorcycle Sales, American Classic Motors is the one stop shop for all things motorcycle. We specialize in the deep discount and distribution of parts, accessories, apparel and merchandise in our parts business; and the best Pre-Owned bikes on the market with regard to our average inventory of nearly 100 motorcycles at any given time. We have access to most major parts distributors in the USA, and many of the small ones as well. We pride ourselves on our selection and quality of aftermarket parts that always have the emphasis on aesthetic as well as function. Whether you are an avid rider, an experienced tech, a shop, or simply a passenger; our variety is sure to suffice; and our know how is the real difference. Please feel free to check our feedback as well as our contacts. Bank the difference by using the most reliable, courteous, and knowledgeable sales/support staff on Ebay!

Why should I choose buying from American Classic Motors over another?

Buyer Confidence
Buy with confidence from one of the most established seller of motorcycle parts and assesories on Ebay.

Selection
With hundreds of ready to ship parts and assesories in stock, we provide the quickest, most professional and affordable solution for your motorcycle needs.

Product Confidence
Don't be fooled by some of the competition. Our prices are competitive, but our product is superior. We employ the best, most knowledgeable technicians in the industry. Our friendly, professional sales and technical staff are always available to answer any questions that may arise.

What is the item condition ?

All items are brand new from the manufacturer unless otherwise noted in the listing. We do not sell used items and try to pass them off as new. If you feel for any reason that this is not the case, make sure to email or call prior to leaving feedback. We are an authorized dealer of ALL products that are listed and if there is an issue; we are responsible and will rectify quickly and professionally to the best of our ability.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Topper
Road Captain

Good luck Rollover, hope you get the situation resolved. Something to be said about clamps afterall

Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey rollover

Post up some of those e-mails your recieving from the company. It would be community service to let every one know how they treat customers

Old 05-21-2006, 07:41 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Hey guy's, here is a direct quote from the Hard Krome site under the faq section:

Q: I know your pipes have a 1-year guarantee against bluing. Can you tell me if they are also warranted as well?
A: The Hard-Krome pipes carry a 90-day warranty against manufacturer defects and a 1-year guarantee against bluing. If your pipes are less than 90 days, the pipes will need to be returned to the retail establishment they were purchased from. Our distributor carries a 90-day warranty for us. Or you can contact our customer service at 1(800) 854-9134.

Interesting how this company can sell Hard Krome products and yet state that they have no said warranty concerning defects in the product when in fact Hard Krome states the distributor carries a 90 day warranty for them. After close to a dozen emails going back and forth, this guy is now threatening me with a slander lawsuit if he finds any posts about this situation. What does that tell you.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Interesting...this is Phats Performance Warranty FINE PRINT......Abnmarine, did you have to notify Phats before you installed yout T-Rex pipes that you had damage?

Chrome
All Chrome items including exhausts should be thoroughly inspected for defects in the chrome or other damage before installation onto the bike. If any defects are detected you must notify us immediately by telephone or email. Once you have installed Chrome items they are not returnable. This does NOT include scratches or blemishes to the chrome, which as stated above must be detected and reported to us BEFORE installation begins. We hope the above is clear, if you install it is non returnable except for manufacturers defects and even then it will only be for exhange of like item.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rollover

Hey guy's, here is a direct quote from the Hard Krome site under the faq section:

Q: I know your pipes have a 1-year guarantee against bluing. Can you tell me if they are also warranted as well?
A: The Hard-Krome pipes carry a 90-day warranty against manufacturer defects and a 1-year guarantee against bluing. If your pipes are less than 90 days, the pipes will need to be returned to the retail establishment they were purchased from. Our distributor carries a 90-day warranty for us. Or you can contact our customer service at 1(800) 854-9134.

Interesting how this company can sell Hard Krome products and yet state that they have no said warranty concerning defects in the product when in fact Hard Krome states the distributor carries a 90 day warranty for them. After close to a dozen emails going back and forth, this guy is now threatening me with a slander lawsuit if he finds any posts about this situation. What does that tell you.
Slander implies you are making up the truth. Posting anything including the emails sent by them are not slanderous.

Gotta love good customer service, especially the kind that ends in threats of lawsuit if you expose their ways.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:48 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Rollover....that make this situation have even more finger pointing. Like you I wonder how a re-seller of the exhaust can post warranty/return information on their web site taht is contrary to the manufacturer?????

Old 05-21-2006, 07:52 PM
rollover
Road Captain

fimduc, I am not asking for my $ back. I just want the rear pipe replaced. I personally don't remember seeing the crack or the flaking during installation. I wiped the pipes clean prior to starting the bike as I didn't want fingerprints to be on the pipes as they got hot. It was recommended in the directions to wipe them down prior to start up. Maybe this damage only became evident once the pipes heated up? It can still be a manufacturers defect at that point. Definitely still not my fault. I just am really confused how the distributor can claim "no fault" when apparently that is one of the stipulations of being and accepting to be a distributor.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Geeez....threatening you with slander....better tell him to check with his lawyer, there is no slander here, it is just a review of the facts of a bad situation.....and if we are dotting "i" slander refers to the spoken word and libel refers to the written word........the guy could have issued you a return authorization already if he wanted to, instead he is going to build his reputation for customer service one e-mail at a time.....

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes