Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:20 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Be careful when ordering from American Classic Motors. I just received a few emails from them trying to tell me it is installer error. One clown just sent me an email stating that it looks like the damage is about 4-5 inches from where you would use an extension to attach the pipe to the cylinder head. I tried to explain to this *** that the damage, as can be seen in the picture, is 8 inches from the cylinder and on the complete opposite side from where you attach the pipe. There are no tools ever near where the damage is. You attach the pipe on the passenger side and the damage is on the drivers side.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:34 PM
rollover
Road Captain

If anyone considering ordering from these people would like to see some of the emails I am receiving from them before they do order from them, let me know. I wish I would have known how they back up the products they sell.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:45 PM
71tradewind
Tourer

Rollover that crack doesn't look like it could have been caused by a tool.....it looks more like a stress fracture in the chrome more than likely a problem from the manufacturer I agree with 100thRK on this one.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phat Performance
ORIGINAL: rollover

Abnmarine, what was the name of the company you ordered from as I just received a response from American Classic Motors that they need the originals back before anything can be done about the pipes.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Sounds like the guy on the phone doesn't even know what size wrench is needed to tighten the exhaust bolts to the heads.
ORIGINAL: rollover

Be careful when ordering from American Classic Motors. I just received a few emails from them trying to tell me it is installer error. One clown just sent me an email stating that it looks like the damage is about 4-5 inches from where you would use an extension to attach the pipe to the cylinder head. I tried to explain to this *** that the damage, as can be seen in the picture, is 8 inches from the cylinder and on the complete opposite side from where you attach the pipe. There are no tools ever near where the damage is. You attach the pipe on the passenger side and the damage is on the drivers side.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact the manufacturer:

DG/Hard-Krome
1230 La Loma Circle, Anaheim, CA 92806
Toll-Free 1-800-854-9134 In CA 714-630-5471

Old 05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I've heard for years that Hard Krome pipes weren't exactly known for their quality control. In fact this is the only board outside of some metric enthusiaists I've ever seen really endorse these pipes. I've read more problems with them on different boards than just about any pipe, that includes install issues as well as chrome plating issues.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

They are going to refer him to who he bought them from.
ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Contact the manufacturer:

DG/Hard-Krome
1230 La Loma Circle, Anaheim, CA 92806
Toll-Free 1-800-854-9134 In CA 714-630-5471

Old 05-21-2006, 06:25 PM
rollover
Road Captain

I should really post some of these emails I am getting from this guy. Unreal. I have never dealt with a business like this before. He sure knew how to take my money no problem. He keeps implying that it is installer related damage and that he has installed these pipes before but yet he doesn't understand that the damage is on the drivers side and that the pipe is installed on the passenger side. He has also stated that we as customers want cut rate prices and yet still expect first rate customer service. I guess he feels he should be able to sell damaged goods and that is the extent of his service.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:29 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Abnmarine, he, the seller, keeps referring me to Hard Krome. He can't understand that he should have anything to do with this situation and why is it him that I am coming to. I have tried to explain that it is because he is the one who was on the receiving end of my money. Do you guy's think it would be cool with the mods for me to post some of the emails if not all so we, as members, could be better informed about this company and how they handle customer problems after the sale.

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes