Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

ORIGINAL: jarman

How bout some left side and rear pics of the bikes from anyone with the two into one's? How does the sound compare? Is it muted or loud?

jarman
Here you go Jarman! It's in the shop waiting to get on the Dyno tomorrow. I will have a full post with some numbers for all (I hope). They are a little bit louder then Tru Duals with a bit more thump. They do have the Rinehart sound...

Look mom no pipe!

The Back

The Business Side

Old 05-24-2006, 07:48 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 09:18 PM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I wasn't sure if I would like the 2 into 1 on a bagger but it sure does look nice. Maybe my next one will be a 2 into 1 seeing as I am going through these things like socks. LOL I am thinking of the 95-98 kit over the winter so maybe I will switch it out then. Really is a nice look.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Hey Rhino, any chance of getting a shot of the motor on the pipeless side. Seems like every time I see a pic of the left side of a 2 into 1 it is taken just behind the motor. Kind of want to see if it looks empty.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:40 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Okay guys, here I am, finally on this thread! It sucks that anybody has issues with any pipe manufacturer, retailer or shipper. That is the nature of the motorcycle exhaust business. Always gonna be some crap that slips through to the consumer. I for one have had great results with Hard Krome pipes. What, did I get the only good set? Still would not trade em' for any dual system out there (rineharts or v&h). Performance, styling and engineering, second to NONE. I like em' FAT, I like em' LOUD and I don't like CLAMPS. I really enjoy the exhaust and tuning threads so let's keep this friggin' forum rockin' and have some fun! What more can I say?[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-25-2006, 12:01 AM
mario
Intermediate

I'm still going with the HK. We'll see how how the second set arrives early next week.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:23 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rollover

Hey Rhino, any chance of getting a shot of the motor on the pipeless side. Seems like every time I see a pic of the left side of a 2 into 1 it is taken just behind the motor. Kind of want to see if it looks empty.

When I get it back I will wash her up and take some pics for a post with the dyno numbers...

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Okay guys, here I am, finally on this thread! It sucks that anybody has issues with any pipe manufacturer, retailer or shipper. That is the nature of the motorcycle exhaust business. Always gonna be some crap that slips through to the consumer. I for one have had great results with Hard Krome pipes. What, did I get the only good set? Still would not trade em' for any dual system out there (rineharts or v&h). Performance, styling and engineering, second to NONE. I like em' FAT, I like em' LOUD and I don't like CLAMPS. I really enjoy the exhaust and tuning threads so let's keep this friggin' forum rockin' and have some fun! What more can I say?[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Dat a Boy! About time you answered the post! What took you soo long!
So did the stock fall because of this thread???

Old 05-25-2006, 12:44 PM
jarman
Cruiser

Thanks for the left side pics RhinoHD and Topper. I'm just wondering what that pipe would look like on my Road King Custom. I think the leather saddlebags on mine are a little bit shorter than the hard bags on ya'lls bikes. That black pipe sure looks good. Does it have any discoloration like blueing on chrome?

Thanks,
Jarman

Old 05-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Topper
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jarman

Thanks for the left side pics RhinoHD and Topper. I'm just wondering what that pipe would look like on my Road King Custom. I think the leather saddlebags on mine are a little bit shorter than the hard bags on ya'lls bikes. That black pipe sure looks good. Does it have any discoloration like blueing on chrome?

Thanks,
Jarman

Jarman, my pipe has turned just a faint bit, about 3" at the rear cylinder mount. You have to bend down and really look to notice it. Just a little bit of Haze, I guess is what I would call it. The amazing thing about the ceramic coated pipes is they are cool to the touch about 5 mins. after you shut down the bike. Also a little cooler on the legs.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

All I know is that I like mine, and I have not had any issues with them.

Bob