Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:08 PM
fimduc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Rollover, glad to see you are getting all this worked out and will soon have the pipes you want on your bike.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:22 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Yeah, kind of sucks that it cost me $31 to ship the pipes back. This whole fiasco shouldn't have cost me a dime. As of the moment I have a $21000 bike sitting in my garage with no pipes on it. Sounds like some of the people on the forum have taken from this thread and used the info wisely. The $31 I spent is fine as long as no one else has to go through this. Since taking the t-rex pipes off my bike I also found that they were rubbing on the primary cover a bit. Personally, I think the 3" pipes are just too large for these bikes. With the way the floorboards are and the fact that these rubbed, I don't think the bike was designed for that large of a diameter pipe. V&H Big Shot Duals are already in the process of being shipped.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: rollover

Yeah, kind of sucks that it cost me $31 to ship the pipes back. This whole fiasco shouldn't have cost me a dime. As of the moment I have a $21000 bike sitting in my garage with no pipes on it. Sounds like some of the people on the forum have taken from this thread and used the info wisely. The $31 I spent is fine as long as no one else has to go through this. Since taking the t-rex pipes off my bike I also found that they were rubbing on the primary cover a bit. Personally, I think the 3" pipes are just too large for these bikes. With the way the floorboards are and the fact that these rubbed, I don't think the bike was designed for that large of a diameter pipe. V&H Big Shot Duals are already in the process of being shipped.
Glad to hear that those POS pipes are a distance memory and you are getting a quality set of pipes[sm=signs007.gif][sm=signs003.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-23-2006, 10:04 PM
fimduc
Cruiser

Yep, you definitley helped me with some decisions from this debacle

Old 05-23-2006, 10:36 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

Yea, glad you found some new pipes, you should be happy with those.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:42 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: rollover

Good man...

[IMG]local://upfiles/4788/F842DF2BC97F4C6FAECBAB6764392B20.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-24-2006, 04:15 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: rollover

Since taking the t-rex pipes off my bike I also found that they were rubbing on the primary cover a bit.

My Rineharts did the samething after the rear header pipe tab broke. It ended up rubbing on the Chrome primary cover, didn't notice until it was to late. Bub's replaced my rear header pipe but they wouldn't replace the Chrome cover. With my 2-1 Thunderheader the Crome cover looked pretty bad. It would make me sick every time I look at it.
Ended up finding a brand new one on Ebay for $110.00 it's all good now.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:18 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok, Is it just me ? But dosen't anyone think it's kinda odd that bountyhunter hasn't responded to this post at all?
I don't get it[sm=confused06.gif]?

Old 05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

Ok, Is it just me ? But dosen't anyone think it's kinda odd that bountyhunter hasn't responded to this post at all?
You are not alone. His pipes are fine and he loves them. In the scheme of things this may just be an isolated incident on HK's part. But, this is important info that should be shared on this forum regarding both HK and ACM. I have always felt that a full length 3" pipe is too fat for these bikes. And after installing the V&H Big Shot Duals (2.5") on my bagger, that feeling is strengthened further. He prolly don't want to respond 'cause he knows this thread is just gonna heat up more than it has already, and you really can't blame him for that. If I'm off base on that I suspect he'll set me straight.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jfanton

ORIGINAL: 04RoadKing

You are not alone. His pipes are fine and he loves them. In the scheme of things this may just be an isolated incident on HK's part. But, this is important info that should be shared on this forum regarding both HK and ACM. I have always felt that a full length 3" pipe is too fat for these bikes. And after installing the V&H Big Shot Duals (2.5") on my bagger, that feeling is strengthened further. He prolly don't want to respond 'cause he knows this thread is just gonna heat up more than it has already, and you really can't blame him for that. If I'm off base on that I suspect he'll set me straight.

I agree 100%

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes