Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 AM
rollover
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes

Hopefully ACM has learned from this whole adventure. If you contacted them Monday about the return then this had already been going on for at least a day. Your damage also took place during shipping which automatically gets the pipes replaced. One of the problems they had with me was the fact that they were installed on my bike for a whole 25 miles. The crack in the chrome became apparent during those 25 miles. After speaking with Hard Krome, I found out that regardless of the pipes being installed they were to still be replaced under the 90 day warranty. I wasn't looking for a refund nor was I even looking for the front pipe replaced. I just wanted the rear pipe replaced. I really couldn't have made it any easier. I definitely know who I won't be buying the new set from. Also, I think I am going with the Big Shot Duals as the idea of the heat shields sounds pretty good to me considering what went on here. I also like the idea of using all the factory mounting spots. I think with the $100 I will be saving that I will order the hogtune speakers too.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

Rollover,

Now that your getting new pipes, you should really consider a 2-1 pipe. I know they don't give you that balanced look, but you will not care about that after you feel the performance and the sound is second to none.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 AM
rollover
Road Captain

strtgld, I see that you are a fellow hoosier. I'm in Michigan City. We should get together one of these days once all the dust settles. I'm really not sure how a 2 into 1 would look on an Ultra. I still haven't ordered anything yet so still open to suggestions. Decisions decisions.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:39 AM
MiniMe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: rollover

strtgld, I see that you are a fellow hoosier. I'm in Michigan City. We should get together one of these days once all the dust settles. I'm really not sure how a 2 into 1 would look on an Ultra. I still haven't ordered anything yet so still open to suggestions. Decisions decisions.

Anytime, we ride to Michigan City a lot, I can send you a pick of my SG, with a V&H 2-1 Propipe. You really would be extremely happy with the performance and sound.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
rollover
Road Captain

check your pm

Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Haven't seen an exhaust system yet, that I can see while riding

Name:  Picture065.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  59.5 KB

Old 05-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Topper
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Branded

But what about looks [8D]

ORIGINAL: Bruce00

Iam so sorry to hear of this continuing BS
I truely hope you find a 2 into 1 exhaust thats suits your needs.

That way you can have performance and sound

Run a 2-1, you'll have more folks at functions standing around salivating over your pipe, but be prepared to be pestered to fire it up quite often (the live bands hate this,LOL). Only have had one person ask me why I only had one pipe, it was a prettly little blonde, maybe mid 20's, just right!! My response, well when your pipe is as big as mine, one is all you could stand! Then I remembered I'm married.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Are you really gaining that much power going with the 2 into 1? Most of my riding is highway to and from work so being able to pass with ease is a must. I definitely felt the difference with the stage 1 upgrade. Also, are there maps out there for the pclll with the 2 into 1 for 2006 Ultras?

Old 05-23-2006, 04:04 PM
jarman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How bout some left side and rear pics of the bikes from anyone with the two into one's? How does the sound compare? Is it muted or loud?

jarman

Old 05-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Topper
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jarman

How bout some left side and rear pics of the bikes from anyone with the two into one's? How does the sound compare? Is it muted or loud?

jarman

As for sound and performance, after hearing and seeing the results my from install, my Service Manager has since ordered the Bassani chrome ceramic lined 2-1 to pair with his 113" build. Pricey, but for looks, sound and performance, well worth the bling.

Quick Reply: crack in the chrome on t-rex pipes