Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:18 PM
Lowridin packer
|
Road Captain
Talking Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring

Well, I have finally got a seat I like. Mama and I both hated the stock Streetglide seat. I was trying to keep the sleek look, but with a wider back on it for my wife, so I bought a Road Glide seat, better, but not great.
I sent the Road Glide seat the Mean City - narrowed the nose and memory foam for me - Wide double decker for her.

This seat was a lot better - about 1.5 hours for me and 2 hours for her, but then soreness. I did a lot of research on here, and finally decided to spring for a Mustang Regal Touring pillow look seat. I had a Harley Pillow on my last bike and liked it.

It came on Friday and I put it on the bike. See the pictures - it looks surprisingly flat on the bike, a lot better than I expected. My wife says it looks great, and I like it to, with or without the tour pack.

Next is the ride... about 45 miles yesterday and she loves it. I love it too. Wider and more comfortable right out of the box. Today I did a little over 2 hours on it, and NO discomfort at all. I love this thing.

From the pictures you can see part of the reason - I put the Road Glide seat on top to try and show the shapes - The driver seat is a lot wider on the mustang, but the nose is still narrow to allow you to plant your feat. The Mustang sits about an inch higher and pushes you a little forward, which is great for me, perfect.

The back is about an inch wider on each side than the Wide Double Decker and about and inch deeper - this is great since I have the George Anderson Tour pak extender.

All in all, I give this thing an A+. No cut on Mean city. I think if I would have gotten an Ultra seat and sent it to him, it would have been great. However, I think the Mustang has a lot flatter look and does not ruin the Street Glide Looks.

Ed

Attached Thumbnails Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring-09-sg-upgrades-39.jpg   Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring-09-sg-upgrades-35.jpg   Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring-09-sg-upgrades-60.jpg   Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring-09-sg-upgrades-53.jpg   Mama has chosen her seat - Mustang Regal Touring-09-sg-upgrades-56.jpg