Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
When I read Trackadapter's many posts on this issue, he was pissin' his pants. Now that he knows how the movie ends, it's no big deal. Whatever dude.

DJK
Yeh - whatever. I wouldn't be too hard on him until it happens to you . . . What would be good would be if a few more of us had supported a fellow rider with a bit more sympathy and understanding, even if we personally wouldn't have been so tighly wound up over it - and again, easy to say til it happens to you.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My eyes HURT NOW DAMMIT! I've got a headache from all the reading. If I go for a ride now to sooth my tension, and get stopped, I'll prolly go to jail the cop thinkin I'm high with all these red veins in the whites of my eyes and the pupils dancin like I'd hit a rock pipe for the last two hours! I'm going to go look at my welds. Think they will honor any problems on my '99 RK? hmmm, be damned nice wouldn't it?

Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
DJK "...he was pissin' his pants. Now that he knows how the movie ends, it's no big deal. Whatever dude....."

That is FUNNY... using the term "dude" tells me your maybe 22 , no kids , still wet behind the ear and never been in front of a Drill Sargent , LOL
Excellent. Now it's my turn to guess the person behind the profile.

You are 48 years old, male (though from your hysteria laced posts, it could easily go the other way) and have probably spent time behind a Drill Sergeant. Oh yea, you can't spell.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
Yeh - whatever. I wouldn't be too hard on him until it happens to you . . . What would be good would be if a few more of us had supported a fellow rider with a bit more sympathy and understanding, even if we personally wouldn't have been so tighly wound up over it - and again, easy to say til it happens to you.
I couldn't agree with you more. I was quite sympathetic to his situation and was hoping all his issues would be resolved quickly. It was his high brow lecture after the fact that I've been critical of. I'm done.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 AM
CroK
Banned

I'm 56, 4 'kids' (all grown and moved outa the house), six grandkids (two grown and moved outa the house), spent 8 months in front of a drill seargent (in fact was raised by an Air Force Seargent that ran 11 years of my life as if he was Army). My ears sometimes get wet from sweat so can't deny that. And I still use the words dude, dudette.

But I will never use the word dudelicious. That's for the third and fourth genders.

Just to explain the third gender, if you are truly macho you don't have to do a damned thing, people just know. If you think being macho means you can't drive a mini-van or do anything in public that compromizes your machismo, you are just another type of poser and a member of the third gender.

I hope I don't have to explain the fourth gender to ya...

Last edited by CroK; 01-11-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 AM
radekshovelhead
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall 09-10 FLHTCUI

I just received a letter from Harley that there are 2 recalls,
1 for the gas tank and the 2nd for the front tire
thankfully I'm in Alberta so can't ride anyways. Only have 5000Kms on it

Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

I got the recall for the tank, but not the front tire? Mine is a 2009 FLHX, not an Ultra.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=djkolp;6077811]I couldn't

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 01-12-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:35 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks more like an incomplete weld to me.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:37 AM
aussiesport
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bloody hell i just spent hell knows how long rereading all this we have just got the tank recall in townsville australia !? i actualy asked the dealer and they didnt know ! as for front tyre ?? too late i guess now as its been replaced already not worn out just worn badly :/ ....

Quick Reply: Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU