Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

So MODCOBRA, how do ya REALLY feel about the situation! Don't hold anything back now.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:06 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by will2002
So MODCOBRA, how do ya REALLY feel about the situation! Don't hold anything back now.
I'm thinkin' ol' MODCOBRA's mom called him to come up from her basement where he lives with his computer because supper's ready.

Once he finishes washing the dishes, he'll get back to ya.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:53 PM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Modcobra - I bet you never have ridden a Harley ;-)
Yea, ur prolly right......my first was a 49 suicide shifter....hi-school soph.....many, many Harleys since then.....just got back from an Ohio to California trip on my 07 SG... just turned 60 so I have done my fair share of ridin....and, no, I do not wish to race for pinks!!!!
LMFAO!!!

I really don't want to own em' anyway. I try to find defects in workmanship so I can get a free loaner to Sturgis.....Oh...btw....did u go to Sturgis????

My point after reading all of this garbage.....if you are that disatisfied with Harley as you obviously are.........why dont you carry yourself down the road to another brand??? Seems simple to me!!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by modcobra
i went back and read every post. Man...what was i thinking??? I am going to guess you never made it to sturgis? That sure seemed to be one( of many ) demands for a new bike or loaner so you could make a couple of trips. I, for one, hope they do not fix your bike, or give you a new one.....i would like them to give you all your money back and take your business elsewhere. Perhaps that will keep your whining azz off this forum.

mod cobra +1
trackadapter-633

Old 09-12-2009, 08:39 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

[
I

My point after reading all of this garbage.....if you are that disatisfied with Harley as you obviously are.........why dont you carry yourself down the road to another brand??? Seems simple to me!![/QUOTE]

I'll bet that the MOCO would even be happy to have that deal!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:10 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink Bashing my posts

MODCOBRA;5572501: Wow 49 with a suicide shifter, that's cool....

Look I am venting but also informing, and I am not going any where. A Broken Frame, Swing Arm, Blown Shock - just plain bad luck for me... and all this at 3900 miles and no accident...really I should just go away ? Na not me....

I think I have been pretty good all things considering....

Prior to the 2007 FLHX I owned a 2002 Goldwing sold at 140k miles, soooo turned 46 and went with the Harley a bike is a bike, it's the Harley folks I have been enjoying.

It's funny to see the "bashers" taken the time to reply a "bashing" post on my thread, do you all work for Harley and are just trying to get me up set ? LOL

Any way, I hope I see 60 years of age - God Bless ya !

PS Starter - cleaned the wires tightened them - yeeepy she runs..... geez , I can go ride again.....

Originally Posted by MODCOBRA
Yea, ur prolly right......my first was a 49 suicide shifter....hi-school soph.....many, many Harleys since then.....just got back from an Ohio to California trip on my 07 SG... just turned 60 so I have done my fair share of ridin....and, no, I do not wish to race for pinks!!!!
LMFAO!!!

I really don't want to own em' anyway. I try to find defects in workmanship so I can get a free loaner to Sturgis.....Oh...btw....did u go to Sturgis????

My point after reading all of this garbage.....if you are that disatisfied with Harley as you obviously are.........why dont you carry yourself down the road to another brand??? Seems simple to me!!

Old 09-13-2009, 08:55 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Glyder
I just wanna know how that gets by quality control.....I mean cmon now.....that aint no hairline crack.....when they were puttin that bike together that would stick out like a sore thumb.

Or the dealership that did the pdi (pre delivery inspection) and I have to wonder if the 1,000 mile checkup was done at the dealership.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:14 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
Or the dealership that did the pdi (pre delivery inspection) and I have to wonder if the 1,000 mile checkup was done at the dealership.
My guess would be that once the frame was powder coated the missed weld was covered until the bike was ridden and the powder coating cracked. I doubt if the problem would have been apparent till the bike was assembled and ridden. Also, it probably wouldn't have been noticable before powder coating for the same reasons.

No way to ever know for sure.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:19 AM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink Nope

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
I do all work on my bikes. It was a dealer "trade" from Mission Velleo to San Jose Harley.

Mother Harley has confirmed: Frame auto welder missed the weld, the white coming from the frame was "solder flux".

Nobody saw the cracked due to the black powder coating - black paint - just dum luck on my part while changing the oil (I changed at 1,000 miles ,4k, then 6k , I put in Redline in all holes - old school "Mothers Milk" - 2stroke days) I splilled oil while taking off the oil filter, sprayed elect. cleaner / brake cleaner is to harsh, to clean the oil and it exposed the "Lack of Weld"

I should have noticed that there was no weld joint, but who looks at every weld joint? I do now...

But to be fair, my 2002 Goldwing had to have the swing arm "Honda recall" weld done.
That was a sight - my Goldwing laying on the side while a tech. had the welder in hand, I was thinking....hmmmm maybe I should have brought her in with 1/8 of a tank of gas instead of full, LOL...................

Last edited by trackadaptor; 06-29-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
I do all work on my bikes. It was a dealer "trade" from Mission Velleo to San Jose Harley.

Mother Harley has confirmed: Frame auto welder missed the weld, the white coming from the frame was "solder flux".

Nobody saw the cracked due to the black powder coating - black paint - just dum luck on my part while changing the oil (I changed at 1,000 miles ,4k, then 6k , I put in Redline in all holes - old school "Mothers Milk" - 2stroke days) I splilled oil while taking off the oil filter, sprayed elect. cleaner / brake cleaner is to harsh, to clean the oil and it exposed the "Lack of Weld"

I should have noticed that there was no weld joint, but who looks at every weld joint? I do now...

But to be fair, my 2002 Goldwing had to have the swing arm "Honda recall" weld done.
That was a sight - my Goldwing laying on the side while a tech. had the welder in hand, I was thinking....hmmmm maybe I should have brought her in with 1/8 of a tank of gas instead of full, LOL...................
Not wanting to question your wrenching ability,But I have always felt that the 1,000 mile checkup is the most important. That is when they go over your bike from one end to the other,and check it all out. (should anyway) At least there would be documentation that the bike was checked at an authorized dealer. I would also think that there would be handling issues with the bike being broken in the location that it is. Did it seem to sit normally on the side stand ? Did it have any abnormal vibration? I am just curious, I am glad that everything turned out OK.

Quick Reply: Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU