Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:35 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco 09
if you look at the avatars/pics/sigs here half of the clowns with negative comments on a frame replacement by the dealer have modded bikes that were not done by the factory yet their bikes are OK and the one done professionally by a dealer and backed by HD "will never be the same"
if you do the work yourself ya know what ya got, there are a few good techs but alot of em don't have the experience, case in point a friend took his 75 fx to the dealer and the tech asked him how to start it? duh ya kick it no electric..a few years ago I had some warranty work done and I told the tech it wasn't right , his reply was how do ya know? my reply was cause I been working and riding on bikes longer then he was alive. the service supervisor looked it over and guess what it wasn't done right. what sux more two hd mechanics i know get paid by book time so if a job calls for 4 hours book time and they do it in 2, you still get charged 4 hours and they get paid for 4 hours. mechanic stays happy dealer gets more bikes out and you might get screwed cause he rushed the job. alrighty prospect Bosco?

Last edited by leohd; 07-09-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
hey Max, he's probably not happy that his plan of starting 3 threads didn't work towards him getting a new bike, just be happy that it's not you getting a bike put together by some dealer. good chance it will never be the same, I don't even trust em to change my oil.
LEO while I can appreciate you not trusting your particular dealer, they are not all alike. If it were me I would have the utmost confidence in my dealer doing the swap b/c it has been a family owned business over 30 years and the service manager and 2 of the wrenches built(from the frame up) and raced (very successfully) Harleys and I have seen them take apart several bikes to the frame and put em back together ( maybe as good or better than the MOCO) Just saying, maybe they got good personell at SanJose too....

Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Thumbs up

if you look at the avatars/pics/sigs here half of the clowns with negative comments on a frame replacement by the dealer have modded bikes that were not done by the factory yet their bikes are OK and the one done professionally by a dealer and backed by HD "will never be the same"
+100.....My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

new frame ? Gee I hate to say I told you so but... .... now you have to just take the newly framed bike and quit hiding behind the kid and either ride it or sell it and buy a car .. I really after all 4 or how ever many threads you started dont consider you a bike rider . I consider you more of a wannabe.. Oh ya i watched wild hogs again last night .

Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 PM
azharleyrider86401
Cruiser

Seems to me that they comments made are because maybe that they are done under warranty so it must not be done good. A good job is a good job and a bad job is a bad job no matter if it's warranty or paid. As far as the paid per job, I get paid per job and I can say I "care" more than other tech's. Just because it's warranty doesn't mean it's a bad job, it just means it was probably done by a "professional". (take it as you may)

Old 07-09-2009, 07:10 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Old Man
+100.....My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!
My world is being run by people with a bow tie mentaliy and I hate it!!!

Hey old man ..that is funny mentaliy and Big Mike I did say there are a few good service techs

Last edited by leohd; 07-09-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't We end this thread and move on to other things like RIDING?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dionicio
Can't We end this thread and move on to other things like RIDING?
I guess we could end it due to the OP leaving us hangin and not letting us know the end result!!

Last edited by Maxcustody; 07-09-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

the op was just buddy hustling here, dealer and harley probably told him we'll do this or that if you drop the issue on the internet. and now there his buddies. like he stated they went WAY beyond (must have kissed him) either way for someone with a brand new bike and a cracked frame he seems happy and that's what counts. JMO..

Last edited by leohd; 07-09-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
azharleyrider86401
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leohd
the op was just buddy hustling here, dealer and harley probably told him we'll do this or that if you drop the issue on the internet. and now there his buddies. like he stated they went WAY beyond (must have kissed him) JMO..
good point, his tone sure changed from his letter to his latest post

Quick Reply: Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU