Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:24 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Good deal, glad to see they are standing beside it(no surprise to me). I know you really want a new bike but I just don't see it happening.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You had a bad weld, how does this constitute an issue with the 2009 frame? This forum is filled with whiners and internet pussies, and this is the first documented 2009 frame issue we have seen. I don't see how you can make a generalized statement that there are issues with the 2009 frame.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

The one thing well maybe two things that bother me is the dealership is now all the sudden picking up a bike at the mans home and putting there best man on this (lets hope )in a day or two...???. And what about all those folks that were scheduled for service work, tunes, ect... that are now pushed to the back...I see a huge collision about to happen at the service counter and some very unhappy folk. The dealer needs to consider this added load.
I still believe a new bike on your dime w/ a trade is not a bad idea (you now have to much ugly w/ this bike). To much to do w/ little time to do it. I believe the dealer would and could make this happen...I am so inclined to think they want to make this happen if MOCO does not come threw w/ a new sled for you.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Of the 5 or 6 forums I frequent on a regular basis this is the first report I've seen of frame issues. This month the 09's have been around for 1 year. Sure appears to be isolated.
Also, I'd be concerned about a shop doing a ground up bike. I know it's not building a rocket ship but I'm sure there are nuances to this assembly that the factory may have jigs for proper alignment, etc. Also, I'm guessing the dealer probably hasn't put an 09 together from scratch. jmho

Old 07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
You had a bad weld, how does this constitute an issue with the 2009 frame? This forum is filled with whiners and internet pussies, and this is the first documented 2009 frame issue we have seen. I don't see how you can make a generalized statement that there are issues with the 2009 frame.
How 'bout you quit whinin' about the "whiners"? Would that work for ya??

Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
How 'bout you quit whinin' about the "whiners"? Would that work for ya??
Since you took offense to it, you must be one of them.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

Sorry, but I wouldn't feel comfortable unless perhaps the one putting my bike back togeather was ME........Good luck, I really do hope it all work's out. It would be nice to think that the MOCO would step up on this one.........Rich

Old 07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh trust me the dealer and the MOCO can make a new bike appear. I had an 06 Road King Custom with an undiagnosable fuel injection problem. They tried everything to make it right with no luck. Last straw was it stalling out while crossing a major highway with traffic barreling down on me. I went to the VP of the dealership and then received a call from the owner. They bought mine back and I had a brand new bike within a week.

On a side note I'd love to see how the MOCO would react to this bike sitting on a trailer smack dab in the middle of Sturgis with a big ole sign with a brief story and arrow pointing to the broken weld.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
Since you took offense to it, you must be one of them.
Nope, just took offense at your silly bitchin'.

Have a good one.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In my humble opinion you will not get a new bike under the Lemon Law. I just recently delt with the Lemon Law on a Pontiac G6. Also keep in mind this was in Wisconsin.

I had to prove which the dealer did for me, that the "same" issue wasn't repaired to my satisfaction "three" times. After proper documentation I turned in my 07 G6 for an 09 G6. I had to pay a mileage reduction.

After following the information you gave about your insurance company I strongly feel they are giving you wrong advice.

I would also assume MoCo will be very reluctant to replace your bike outside of the Lemon Law. Hopefully your frame issue is very isolated. But in the event the problem is more wide spread I am sure they won't be handing out new bikes to everyone.

Sorry to hear it happened to you. Like many others I also have an 09 and I am hoping it's a very limited issue.

Good luck on your deal and hopefully you will be happy with the resolution!

See you in Sturgis!!!

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Dealer has: CONFIRMED FRAME IS CRACKED - MOTHER HARLEY F'D UP !

Feel free to contact: Bill - service manager at San Jose Harley 408 938 4148

San Jose Harley: ( Way to go Bubba and Bill )

1.) SJH - Talked to the Local Harley District Manager ( She )

2.) They have Ordered a New Frame - Placed Urgent Status on trying to get Frame by
next week

3.) San Jose Harley understands that I DO NOT want this bike - First Gas Tank and Now
the Frame - Safety Issue with my 11 year old daughter ...

4.) San Jose Harley understands I have requested a "Re-Wind of the Deal"

5.) IF a huge fight from mother Harley - at least a loaner bike from the 2009 DEMO Fleet

6.) Harley and San Jose Harley has said there is NO way that I will miss my trip to Sturgisand will ride up with anew bike or my bike with new frame.

I have also Re-Contacted: Mother Harley and told them that they need to step up to plate and give me a NEW bike, in the intrest of Safety for me and my 11 year old daughter.

So now I should know what Harley is going to do No Later than Thrusday 2:00 pm PST

I hate to wait, but I need to let everybody at Harley talk and give there finial answer.

I have: Progressive Insurance saying NEW BIKE

I have: Ca. Lemon Law advicates in the wings IF need be

Thanks for allow me Vent... besides letting you all know there may by an issue with the 2009 Frame, this did help me stay calm, and keep me from going into the dealer and just exploding and "foaming up the run way" and getting no where.....

The advice has been great and the funny's were good reading for a laugh..

Stay Tunned , it's not over yet............

Quick Reply: Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU