Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well in an effort to help your cause I am stopping my payments and printing up Tshirts.

jsut kidding good luck

Old 07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
well in an effort to help your cause I am stopping my payments and printing up Tshirts.

jsut kidding good luck

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM
ballpeen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trackadaptor..........Just read all 15 pages, Its a sicking feeling, I know, because Ive been there. This is something the 09 riders will have to keep an eye on, it seems like its always something. GOOD LUCK in your outcome.. Tim

Old 07-07-2009, 06:33 PM
KBrown53
Road Captain

trackadaptor:

thanks for keeping us updated. Stand your ground, you have a right to a new bike.

..... I agree, keeping your cool adds a lot to getting cooperation.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor

Safety Issue with my 11 year old daughter ...
i hope you get what you want, but i don't understand how the 'safety' issue comes into play if you are getting a new frame?

Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read every page yesterday and have been waiting to see what the update was when I got off work. Sounds like everything will work out. Gonna be interesting what the final verdict is and how they comp you. I checked mine last night and all look good.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KBrown53
trackadaptor:

thanks for keeping us updated. Stand your ground, you have a right to a new bike.
sorry but im not buying that.. any court of law will tell you its pretty much up to h/d discretion. (read no one crashed and no deaths or injuries) No im no lawyer but I did get a good nights sleep last night A new frame will cure the problem therefore if thats the final decision then so be it. At least the dealer is bending over to get it done so he can still make sturgis new frame or new bike so its not gonna do any good to crawl all over their azzes at this point .. I guess if he really wants a new bike then if h/d doesnt come thru its 1-800-callsam then im sure after riding season is over and the snow is on the ground maybe and thats a big maybe they will have settled and if he has enuff left over after the attorney fees he can maybe buy some chrome for the newly framed bike .. What makes you think he should just get a new bike ? warranty also covers frame problems !..

Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
i hope you get what you want, but i don't understand how the 'safety' issue comes into play if you are getting a new frame?

I am not sure about safety with a new frame installed but if they only put a new frame on the bike the dealerships are not set up to build or rebuild an entire motorcycle, that should be done from the assembly line from guys that are trained to perform an entire build not just a local shop that fully disassembles a bike and reassembles it on a new frame. Have you ever driven a totally rebuilt car after a theft recovery, its never the same as it was off the assembly line. My thoughts would be reliability. I guess I just do not have that much faith in the dealerships abilitys, in theory it should be just fine with a new frame installed. Hopefully they can do right by the customer and get it right. Again Good luck and hope you get a new bike out of the deal, I do not think that is being unrealistic. Keep us posted

Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 PM
slack20
Tourer

good luck on harley putiin the rush on as waited from 7-13-08 to 1-15-09 to get my scoot back from serious wreck they told 8-10 weeks on painted stuff said that was fine cant walk anyway got first tank in 10 weeks get what it leaked waited another 10 weeks anyway i could go on and on harley customer put rush on second tank there customer service is worthless they said we feel your pain im trying, i said will i be able to make daytona we hope so oh weel im done venting

Old 07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm sure H-D is holding its breath that this problem is limited to your bike or a very few bikes and their response is probably going to be a very measured response. Whatever they do with your situation they almost certainly will have to do with anyone else that might have this issue.

That being the case, I doubt a new bike is on the way but I am in your corner.

Quick Reply: Broken Frame 2009 FLHTCU