Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers - LOOKING FOR '"THE SOUND" please read and help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010 | 08:55 PM
Sath
Tourer

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Try the Jackpot's with the Quiet Baffle option...

Search Iclick's posts on these...He gave a pretty good writeup on them.

And I think they are adjustable... I have the dynotuned Jackpots and to be honest they are right in the middle.. Not too much but keep you thinking are they too loud compared to stock. The baffle package( I don't have ) and think is adjustable for your desired sound and is something I'm considering but going to give it another 5k before I decide. Personally the best sound I've heard is the rhineheart exhaust (as a spectator). So if you are looking for the "sound" put yours back on or ride with someone with the rhinehearts. Keep in mind they always sound different as a spectator vs the operator. If your are a spectator you don't hear what the operator does. Just my 2 cents and I'm a rookie/prospect.....

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:50 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master

Another vote Monster Ovals!!!!

Everybody remarks how a low deep sound they are!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:57 PM
denrock1676
4th Gear

I have the Bassani 4 in mufflers on my road king. As long as your not getting into it they have a nice mellow sound. I can get in and out of the neiborhood without complaints.

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:15 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
What you are looking for are the V&H Monster Ovals.

They give a nice bass rumble without much noise. It's the best sound I have ever heard at idle and is quiet going down the road.
I miss mine dearly. They would not work with my extended bags.

I had them on True Dual header pipes on my '08 and stock headers on my '09. Oh my Gawd

Not to jack the thread but ........... "Damn that is one good look'n ride !"

Old 04-15-2010 | 11:33 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
Monster Ovals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qorWsL8ac

(listen with good speakers)
You'd better hide fast dude 'cause ma s/o's look'n fer the 12 ga. She had that look in her eyes of "Oh cr*p ............. Not another exhaust system ...................."

Old 04-15-2010 | 12:53 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member

Dude, aren't the Supertrapps adjustable? I mean, you can add or remove discs for tuning and sound. If you like the way they sound but want them a little more quiet simply remove a couple of discs at a time until it's right where you want it. You're welcome.

Old 04-15-2010 | 01:46 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Dude, aren't the Supertrapps adjustable? I mean, you can add or remove discs for tuning and sound. If you like the way they sound but want them a little more quiet simply remove a couple of discs at a time until it's right where you want it. You're welcome.

No, the SuperTrapp SE's do not have the discs. Contrary to what ST says, 3 db louder is quite a bit louder. However, I have these SE's on stock headpipes and the sound is nice, deep and not too loud. HOWEVER, I have heard them on true duals like you have, and they become quite a bit louder. I'm sure you won't have any problem selling them.

Old 04-15-2010 | 02:24 PM
podrieger
Intermediate

I thought you you could take the end cap of the SE Nightstick and put the Supertrapp discs on and adjust the volume, sound, and torque. Is this incorrect?

Have a '10 SG and want to keep it single exhaust and looking for a low rumble and sound but not much louder than stock (getting old and like to hear the radio). Was looking at either Rush or Nightstick. Haven't heard anything about the new V&H single pipe.

Thanks,
Phil

Old 04-15-2010 | 02:50 PM
honkerdown
Tourer

I love my monster ovals, everyone else makes remarks about the sound and they way they look. But I have to agree look around at bike gatherings, I went to a couple harley shops over a few weeks before I made my choice.

Old 04-15-2010 | 03:01 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
Will Monster Rounds work with your bags?
They are suppose to, but not available until May. Of course they also said they were going to be avaible in Narch too. lol

Quick Reply: Mufflers - LOOKING FOR '"THE SOUND" please read and help!!