Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflers - LOOKING FOR '"THE SOUND" please read and help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:14 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

jackpots

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:30 PM
grasman
Cruiser

Try the Bub M-22's. They are not at all loud. I would say 5db's louder. I have them on my 09 Stock ultra. I am just the opposite of you. I want louder. I have had them on the bike for about 3 weeks, and put over 1100 miles on them. Just not loud enough for me.

Jack

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:41 PM
DougM
Tourer

A friend gave me an older (i.e. 2004-06ish) pair of Kerkers. I love the sound! A little louder than stock but doesn't give me a headache and I can still hear the radio.

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:30 PM
EriCal
Cruiser

My BS (Beloved Spouse) had 02 SE mufflers on her 07 Road King until I put true duals on for her. The result was way too loud so I re-installed the OE 07 stock mufflers and the result is very nice.

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:36 PM
Whtrash
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Joshman
Mother of god.............I cannot find a good toned down exhaust note I am looking for! I have a 06 Roadglide with True dual headpipes, SE intake, TFI module, andrews cams, and currently Supertrapp SE Elite (old SE) mufflers. I have had Rinehart which I switched for Kuryakyn crushers and they were o.k. but gradually became louder and more annoying. I then a couple months ago put on these Supertrapps and they sounded nice and low the first couple rides but have gotten gradually louder again. I know onthere site they say only 3db louder than stock but these are way louder now.

I am looking for a happy medium with a little louder than stock but not this loud. As far as I know these Supertrapps are supposed to be the next quietest thing to stock but if they are still to loud and I don't want stock what do I do?? The only other thing I can think of is I know my current mufflers are the "old" Sceaming eagles and the newer screaming eagle mufflers # 64985-07 made by whoever should be quieter....no? I thought the newer generation of Screaming Eagles were quieter to "noise pollution" laws.

HERES THE BIG QUESTIONS............ Who here has the new screaming eagle "street" 4" slip ons on there bike with true duals and also if you have had any different mufflers before like the supertrapps, or rinehart. I have also heard of some guys putting fullsack cores in the 09 factory mufflers that come on the SE touring models too. Anyone know how loud of a change that is? I have heard the SE touring bikes with factory mufflers and they are definetly too quiet for me. I know exhaust is a funny bugger to deal with but mainly I am looking for the next quietest thing to stock that still performs.

Thanks in advance!
CFR'S Mufflers have a deep sound. I have a set on my road glide.

Old 07-06-2009 | 12:25 AM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

When I first got my 05 I wanted the Screaming Eagle pipes from HD. Not loud and a nice rumble. Sha-zam, next thing I know they're no longer available from HD. Something about the government and EPA, I think. That, or Harley needed a new line of more expensive pipes. Pick your rumor. Anyway, I went with Vance and Hines standards. Not overly loud and a nice low note while cruising down the highway. The misses loves 'em and she gets to hear them more than I (she's the passenger ya know).

Agree you need to visit a few places with lots-o-bikes, especially one that's EXACTLY like yours. Oh, my bike growls a bit deeper, maybe, due to the additional seven inches of thrust and a performance cam. Just maybe mind you.

Adding 'bling' is great. Adding performance mods is #u{k!ng awesome!!!

Old 07-06-2009 | 12:45 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

your true dual head pipes will make almost any muffler louder

Old 02-08-2010 | 01:00 PM
FL54
Road Master

I'm with you. I have an '09 RGSE with stock exhaust. I'd like something slightly deeper than stock but not too loud. What did you end up with?

Old 02-08-2010 | 01:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I've heard nothing but good things on V&H Monster Ovals. They're spendy, but everyone seems to agree they give a nice bass rumble without much noise. I'd definitely listen to a set before buying another disappointment. They're on my list.

Old 02-08-2010 | 01:12 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Try the Jackpot's with the Quiet Baffle option...

Search Iclick's posts on these...He gave a pretty good writeup on them.

Quick Reply: Mufflers - LOOKING FOR '"THE SOUND" please read and help!!