Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK custom Batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
rowle
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi,
The stereo is from Hein Gericke (a german company but shops in the UK - $100 ish all in) - see link.
http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/a...g9hp899ouuelcc

I have a 7" screen on its way from the US to try (its only a cheap pattern one). I am using it to see if it fits the MS batwing and if so will get a flip screen. The 5" screen I have blows wind just above my eyes (only 5' 7" tall).
Its quieter than the HD shield I used to have though.

More pics of the stereo when I get new brackets the weekend.
Rowle.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Rterry3
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rowle

I am about to order one of these but want to be able to use my HD Se windsheild as well. Will the mounting brackets from teh batwing also fit the original HD shields? thanks.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM
rowle
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi,
As soon as mine arrives i'll let you know.
I ordered it 2 weeks ago but it takes ages for me to get stuff from your side of the pond !
I asked on "other" forums for someone to measure their OE screen hole centres but never got a reply - marvelous !

Rowle.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Could you post a whole lot more pictures, I've heard about this product but as per usual you can't find any good pictures that show how it mounts or if it will use other windshields except there own.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

Hey Nitro, that isn't the Memphis Shades bat wing with the stereo is it?

Last edited by phat96; 07-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 PM
badjustbad
Tourer

Originally Posted by rowle
Just finished installing a new Memphis Shades Batwing onto my 07 RK Custom so thought i'd post a few pics and a few notes incase anyone else wants to do the same.
Rowle

The MS web page is pathetic at providing information on any of their products - someone there needs a serious lesson on how to market a product. You have posted some of the best pics of the MS fairing that I have seen. Can I ask you to post a closeup of the mounting hardware. I have installed the SG style lights on my RK and I would like to determine if the fairing will still mount properly.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
catracho
Road Captain

Very nice.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

good job on a first hand product evaluation. i believe it's made of an opaque acryllic, from what i think i remember reading in mephis shades site. nice pics, and does it take stock three bolt harley windshields? thanks for the information on the product, good job.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Rterry3
2nd Gear

Thanks rowle,
I may not have been clear. my questions was directed toward the original harley windshiled not the top screen of the fairing itself. I have read that you must use the memphis mounting bushing on the side of your nacelle instead of the black HArley mounts. Once you switch over to the MS mounts, are you able to snap an OE Harley full windshield on when the fairing is removed? Memphis says no but they also say you can't keep you chrome wind deflector but you said it fit with yours. I don't want to remove my wind deflector off the nacelle and also want to be able to use the two other HD windshields I have. I may be asking alot here. thanks,
Your bike looks great.

Nitro shark, Is that the woodys fairing on your bike with the stereo? that bike looks great. Are you using the original HD mounting grommets for it?

Quick Reply: RK custom Batwing fairing