Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks SS mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 AM
deucer03
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks SS mufflers

Does anyone have any info on the new Klock Werks SS mufflers?They have a 4" diameter and a very clean look.I recently traded my Deuce in for an 09 FLHX.I absolutly love the new bike,but it is a little quiet.I have read many exhaust opinions and I am down to a couple choices.Bub 7,Klock Werks Revolver,and V&H monster ovals.Along come the SS and now I have another choice.There are just too many brands out there and I want something a little different than the Rineharts that are so popular.At less than $350 shipped to me,these sound great.RideShack on this site has them even cheaper.I want a deep rumble/bark when desired,but not too loud when cruising.Any opinions would be appreciated.Thanks to all for all the knowledge and opinions on this site.I have just been a reader for the last couple of years.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:32 AM
suey
Cruiser

bub makes klock werks as well as rhineharts...

i put some 2 into 1's on the bagger and im very happy with the sound and even happier with the performance

Old 07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
jthooligan
5th Gear

Installed the SS mufflers about a week ago on my 09 SG. They perform as advertised. They are on the quiet side at idle and just putting around town. Deep and throaty is the response from co-riders, just not lots of volume. They produce a very nice purr at highway speeds that is noticeable, but not anything that brings on a headache. However, whenever you get into the throttle, they really wake up. As loud as any I've compared them to with 2" baffles. I've compared them to monster ovals, Vance and Hines basics, Rineharts, and Bub 7's. To me, the monster ovals are great at idle, but nothing when you get into it, the Basics were louder at idle but tinny, Rineharts slightly louder at idle but I struggle with the Rinehart sound. The SS are closer to the Bub 7's which are my fave for low and throaty of those mentioned. The Bub's have more at low speed. The SS are the most unique sounding however and have a neat, almost muffled, hotrod sound that is just simply unique. Never tinny. Do I dare say 2" Bassani Megaphone? No one else can describe it either but all fall in love with it. Lots of compliments on the looks as well as it gives the SG a long low look. (I have slash down.) Chrome looks to be very good and the bike runs well with out any extra fuel management. All-in-all, if you don't want to set off car alarms leaving the house, like the radio at cruise, but, want to scare grandma when passing her on the highway, then these are a great value, IMHO.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:36 AM
suey
Cruiser

i have to take things back a bit.... bub doesnt make rhineharts anymore.. nor the klock werks.... bub went to a cheaper chromer.. and its evident.. my pipe yellowed while dynoing, it wasnt an air flow proflem nor a air fuel mix problem.... and another customers yellowed within 4 days of install........ so a few weeks on the phone with klock werks and finally telling them i "will" advertise the "yellow" pipe on the way to and from sturgis, a few hours later bub calls and says they will send out a new cone..... so i have that installed and we will see how they hold up this time.... if they yellow again, ill wait for a new run from the new manufacturer to send their shipment to klock werks and go from there....

Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
deucer03
Novice

jthooligan-Thanks for the great review,it was very helpful.I still haven't pulled the trigger on any pipes yet,but am leaning towards the Klock Werks products.They seem to have quality merchandise, just a little different, and all with 4" cans.It's too bad they don't have more pics and sound clips.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:57 PM
jthooligan
5th Gear

Here's a pic.

Attached Thumbnails Klock Werks SS mufflers-dsc00281.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 AM
jthooligan
5th Gear

Here's a few more pics. Lovin' the Klock Werks windshield as well.

Attached Thumbnails Klock Werks SS mufflers-dsc00289.jpg   Klock Werks SS mufflers-dsc00287.jpg   Klock Werks SS mufflers-dsc00280.jpg