Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White walls:road king classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:49 AM
Mark MPDC
|
Banned

Hey guys thanks for the responses.The brown ring stain around the edge of the white walls I seem to can't make disapear,that lyndall dustless brake pads that is for sure I will try,hell i even tried using the combination of sos pads and westley's together and it didn't work any better.

Last edited by Mark MPDC; 07-05-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-05-2009 | 09:58 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Westley's is always a good choice for White Walls. The trick is to keep up with them. Don't let them get real dirty or you'll have a tough time with anything.

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:35 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Are you using a motorcycle jack when you wash them? It really makes the job easier.

I soak with water, spray on Westley's...wait a minute or two, rinse and then use the Magic Erasers while spinning the wheels. It only takes a couple minutes for each wheel and they do come out pearly white.

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:43 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard

Westly's needs to go on a dry tire.....has anyone tried that tooth whitening toothpaste? It'll make a white stain on clothing..........just curious

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:48 AM
Mark MPDC
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Are you using a motorcycle jack when you wash them? It really makes the job easier.

I soak with water, spray on Westley's...wait a minute or two, rinse and then use the Magic Erasers while spinning the wheels. It only takes a couple minutes for each wheel and they do come out pearly white.
Yes,i use the lift and i did something similar what i did was use the westley first sprayed it on and used a brush then while still wet i used the sos pad but i still couldn't get rid of the stain all the way.

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:55 AM
watercop
Cruiser

I agree that Wesleys needs to go on dry. Be generous, then let is soak a bit. A stiff brush and jack to get the wheels off the ground will do it. I also agree, you have to keep up with them...cant let them get too bad

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:16 AM
oinker02
Banned

Plain old Brillo pad and hot water bleaches the white walls instantly. I use a soapy feather duster to scrub the wheels and spokes.

I had to chew my maid's *** when she used the last of my Brillo pads. She now knows to leave me the last one for my classic's white walls.....If I could only get her to detail the scooter for me, she would be perfect!

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:36 AM
Moonrider
Road Master

Ok. First clean with Simple green to remove brake dust and oils. then with magic eraser use soft scrub with not too much force. Rinse and let dry. Before riding, use Armorall or similar product. Be careful around the black as it will smear on the white. This is what I do and it lasts for at least a couple of weeks. Once you use the armorall they will clean up easy. My tires have 6k on them and they still look new.

Old 07-05-2009 | 12:45 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

go down to the local dollar store and get yourself a can of good old Comet. Works like a charm. SOS pads will scratch the rubber. The other stuff probably works but I doubt it's as cheap as Comet.

Old 07-05-2009 | 12:49 PM
royboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by carlgrover
go down to the local dollar store and get yourself a can of good old Comet. Works like a charm. SOS pads will scratch the rubber. The other stuff probably works but I doubt it's as cheap as Comet.
I used to have a bike with white walls - and Comet is the best stuff ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just make sure to not get the stuff on any painted surface.

Quick Reply: White walls:road king classic