Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Overpants

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MODCOBRA
Well, I opted for the Fox Creek overpants. I ordered them on Monday and they arrived today. Their quality is outstanding and they fit perfectly. After some extended conversations with the good folks at FC, we decided they would work if I ordered my regular waist size, which I did. Normally, you would order two sizes larger to go over jeans.

For the others:

Langlitz: I can see that these (after receiving their catalog) would really be some nice stuff. Starting at $750.00....kinda scared me off. That is just their 'standard' pants. I know, you get what you pay for. With some minor flucuations in my weight over the months, this did not seem to be wise investment for me.

Johnson leathers: Like their look but could get no info on cost and they come with no lining. The lady said she would ask her tailor when he came in and she would get back to me. Still waiting.

Bates: Got some more pix from them thru e-mail and decided I did not care for the look of their product over the Fox Creek. Nice stuff, not to my liking.

Hope this helps others,

Ben
Ben,

Thanks for the update. Since they are unlined, what will you be wearing underneath them?

Mark

Old 07-08-2009, 11:54 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all great info. I'm looking for some chaps and a new jacket. I looked at Leatherup, but I can't imagine the quality/durability is anywhere the places mentioned here. Lord knows I need something to not only protect me from the road, but the cold too! It's COLD at 4:30AM!!

Great reveiws and links guys! Thanks.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:25 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paniolo
Ben,

Thanks for the update. Since they are unlined, what will you be wearing underneath them?

Mark
Mark,

They are completely lined all the way to the snaps at the bottom. Very smooth and comfortable, and easy to slide on without using the side zippers. Sorry for the confusion. I always wear LDComfort shorts when riding. One of the best investments I have made.

Ben

Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 PM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Default Update

I sent the overpants back to Fox Creek. The quality was very good but was not exactly what I was looking for. I explained to the Fox Creek Rep why I was returning them and told her I just wanted a pair of jeans with no zippers. That was on Wed. She said she would call back on Fri to see if she could work something out. There are going to make me a pair with no zippers on the side and no snaps.

You talk about customer service!!!!!!!

I will post again when I receive them.

Ben

Old 07-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If what you wanted in the first place was Lined Leather Jeans, those can be found at just about any motorcycle store. I found mine on the internet. They look great and feel great, as long as the temps call for it. Otherwise as soon as you dismount and walk around they can get warm/hot real fast. Also, you have to keep an eye on your waist line because unlike regular blue jeans, an inch or two in the gut will really make a difference in fit.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:28 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

Originally Posted by Paniolo
If what you wanted in the first place was Lined Leather Jeans, those can be found at just about any motorcycle store. I found mine on the internet. They look great and feel great, as long as the temps call for it. Otherwise as soon as you dismount and walk around they can get warm/hot real fast. Also, you have to keep an eye on your waist line because unlike regular blue jeans, an inch or two in the gut will really make a difference in fit.
I know there are quite a few jeans out there. I have done alot of research. Most HD shops around me do not even carry them anymore. Only the FXRG stuff. The style, quality, and leather weight of the Fox Creek stuff is what I want. And, I know what your saying about the ole waist line.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:44 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Checkout the Roadgear over pants great sutff at a real good price and don't forget your 10% forum discount using coupon code HF10

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/produ...&productId=248

Old 07-19-2009, 08:36 AM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

Originally Posted by HDUltraRider
Checkout the Roadgear over pants great sutff at a real good price and don't forget your 10% forum discount using coupon code HF10

http://shop.techncyclegear.com/produ...&productId=248
I do not want overpants. I want a good pair of lines jeans that I can wear daily. Thanks anyway.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Just throwin-in with a huge endorsement for Fox Creek. Their quality is absolutely excellent and their customer service is even better...and I am not a guy who is easily impressed. I have a jacket, a vest, and two pairs of gloves from them...all great.

Watch for the specials where they blow-out special order stuff or inventory clearance.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by solowrider
yes the stuff is great and the service is better. BUT they size there stuff to small, WHY? because it jacks up the price! Now i have 2 fox creek jackets and 2 pair of gloves ,this spring i wanted another jacket i am size 50 i know they run small so i ordered a 56 of course it cost more than a size 50 when i got the jacket the size was good at 56 but the jacket was so short it was up tp my belly button. i would have to special order it to fit right another 80 bucks bull to that i should be swimming in a size 56 and for it to be to short is a rippoff. they know what they are doing! they have good service because they have to because everybody needs to send there stuff back 3 times before it`s rite, i love the jackets i have ,but never again! i am 6,1 average build.
I was a little upset that they asked for my height on the order form for apparently no reason. I needed a 48 size jacket and the arms are too long for me. To me it wasn’t worth it to send it back and forth to get it right though. I decided to just live with it.

I never seemed to get a straight answer on why they ask for your height, but apparently don’t use that information for anything. Seems like they might look out for a guy like me who didn’t know better than to expect the arm length to be too long with a 48 at 5’6”.

It’s a nice jacket – no doubt. The leather is a cut above almost every other jacket I see in person.

Last edited by Fastfwd; 09-10-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather Overpants