Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programing Security Pager???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 AM
DensFLH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programing Security Pager???

I just installed the Security Smart Siren II on my EG Classic. I also purchased the Remote Smart Siren Pager with it. I followed the instructions exactly, but I can't seem to get the pager to successfully encode the bike's smart siren. I've done this at least 10 times if not more but it just doesn't accept the code. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Old 05-21-2006, 10:16 AM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Programing Security Pager???

I upgraded my system to the Smart Siren II and seemed to have the same problem. I called the dealer twice and talked to the service manager. Finally I found out it was my dumb**s that was the problem. I thought the pager REPLACED the key fob that came with the orginal security system, buuuuuut noooooooo!. You have to set the security system with the key fob while the pager is on and the pager receives the signal, beeps and the left and right LED's flash. Works great now. I don't know if any of this will help but it was the fix for mine. Good luck.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Grover
Admin "Kicking The Crap Out Of Spammers"

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

When I installed mine, it took me a while to figure out the security pager unit responds s-l-o-w-l-y to you input commands. Sometimes a much a 5 seconds for it to talk to the Siren unit and get the message. (I have a firefighter like that). When you set the system, turn the pager unit on first and then set the system with the key fob. If you set set the system first and then turn on the pager, it can take a minute for the two units to link up.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
DensFLH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it may take a while for the pager to respond...According to the instructions, if the pager times out (after beeping 5 times which is about 5 seconds) then you have to go through the first two steps again. Which is to press the pager button and hold it, wait for the pager to go into the encoding mode then set your alarm with the key fob.
I'm starting to think that I have a bad pager?

Old 05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What he's saying is IF you arm the alarm BEFORE the pager is turned on it may take 60 (?) seconds for the pager to receive the signal. You are talking about it timing out during the encoding procedure.