Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laid it down and walked away from it

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I'm glad your ok man. Happen's to the best of us. 2004, bent frame, my guess it's totaled. Timing wasn't bad however, 2010's are right around the corner. take care of yourself, Rich
Do you think I could get a 2010 without a payment? I wasn't making payments on this one. That would be real nice; ease the pain some.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Whew pastor it is good to hear you are walking upright, sorry about the bike the way you described it it sounds totaled.

It is awful to hear members on here wreck especially ones that post often in the tour section were I spend my time. be safe out there. I am up around Lake Placid NY 500 miles from start this morning. All is good.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ultra61
Whew pastor it is good to hear you are walking upright, sorry about the bike the way you described it it sounds totaled.

It is awful to hear members on here wreck especially ones that post often in the tour section were I spend my time. be safe out there. I am up around Lake Placid NY 500 miles from start this morning. All is good.
Nice. Today was kinda tough. We're going around all I see and hear are motorcycles going up the mountain. My moment of toughness was when I walked out of the hospital last night barefooted carrying my skint up helmet with my bruised up leg through the emergency room waiting area. There was an audible hush and people stared as I walked through. Of course, I waited until I got into the car to go "unhhhhh." It was a great moment of moral victory anyways.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

Glad your ok, and also the seat, the cup holder and definitely the jeans. You have a sense of humor.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:04 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Talking

Originally Posted by phat96
Glad your ok, and also the seat, the cup holder and definitely the jeans. You have a sense of humor.
Oh, and did I mention my LG Voyager phone with BodyGlove case that was in my shirt pocket when I wrecked? The nice lady that was in the car I hit found it and said, "here's your phone sir."

Works fine. Called my wife from the ambulance cracking up about it. Sometimes the irony is just too much. I know little girls that can't keep from breaking one in their back pocket. I take a slide and an impact and my phone still works!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Dustball
Road Master

Bummer about the bike, but congrats on limping away mostly intact and with your sense of humor Pastor.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
lmb1485
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad you lived to talk about it it helps us all when we think ...it can't happen to me .......take it easy as some pain may have not shown itself yet......hope all goes well ..

Old 07-03-2009, 09:28 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain

I just hate I messed up a beautiful mid 70s day in the mountains to ride with my wife. I thank God she was not with me... Unfortunately, she joined me at the hospital....driven by my 16 year old!

Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lmb1485
glad you lived to talk about it it helps us all when we think ...it can't happen to me .......take it easy as some pain may have not shown itself yet......hope all goes well ..
Love your avatar by the way. I felt like that the last time I took heavy pain meds. That's why I don't take them anymore. And yes, pains and soreness are cropping up everywhere. Tomorrow should be a great day! My bro-in-law has a pool so that has helped to work out some soreness. Thanks y'all.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
cajunfla
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PR,

The good Lord must have been looking out for you when He put that Hyundai right where you needed it to survive and not slide off the mountainside. And the '09's are on sale before the 2010's arrrive at dealers!!

Ride Safe Again Soon

Quick Reply: Laid it down and walked away from it