Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**TOURING HANDLEBARS**Wild One WO508, 518, 513, 515, 502 - Handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011 | 11:43 AM
Red Bull
Advanced

Hey all, I have a 2010 RK police edition, I'm 6-5, 34 inseam, long arms and I just put on Wild one 509's on 16" apes, now after putting these on I have issues with the mid- lower back. I ride with the cop air ride seat, very nice. So I'm thinking now the cop seat being so high, now with higher bars pushed my position back some, So I'm thinking the utopia back rest for the cop seat or trying a standard Roadking seat to see both situations, man I luv the new bars and being up, gives the bike a completly different feel and makes the bike feel bigger and corner better....over all ride has improved greatly but the back.

The cop seat I luv because with my long legs I can have the right angle for my legs going down. So I really like that part, so maybe the utopia back rest on the cop seat will work....not sure, I might have to buy both and see which one will work....

I would hate to remove the bars and go with something lower after just paying a furtion putting them on....

Plus I can tell the blood circulation has dropped some with my arms up in the air, but I think a back rest will straighten me up and help...thoughts????

but I need to figure out what's going to work best

please help..lol....

(Sheriff) red

Old 06-15-2011 | 03:15 PM
mid evil train
Road Master
Old 06-21-2011 | 09:59 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Installed the Wild 1 Chubbies 8.5" mini-apes . . . and new bushings . . . and moved to the one piece clamp.

On and rewired . . . wen to put the tach and cover over the lock . . . then started to put the nacelle back on . . . found out the suggested risers did not work! I had an old set of 03 Fatboy stock risers . . . sales guy said would work . . . but they did not . . . a little too high so the cover will not sit down far enough for the nacelle to but up to the cover and get bolted together.

My 03 SERK came with the oversized fat bar (fat at the two pice clamp too . . . got to get the right 1" diameter risers now to use the one piece clamp.

Anybody watn to verify the HD part numbers for the right risers I should buy tomorrow to work with the one piece clamp?

Now I need to get the right risers to make the chubbies work with the one piece clamp/one piece clamp . . .

Last edited by Rhetor; 06-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-22-2011 | 08:50 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mid evil train

I've been thinking about the Wild 1 14" bars. Everyone has them pushed straight up, which lifts the arms but you still have to lean way forward, can you pull them back toward you so you can kick back and relax against the back rest or do they have to go straight up?

Old 06-22-2011 | 02:44 PM
mid evil train
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjnoble
I've been thinking about the Wild 1 14" bars. Everyone has them pushed straight up, which lifts the arms but you still have to lean way forward, can you pull them back toward you so you can kick back and relax against the back rest or do they have to go straight up?
Mine are pretty straight up and down, but that works for me. I think its what you prefer, I dont see why they couldnt be kicked back a little.

Old 06-28-2011 | 12:51 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser

I have a 2010 RK and would like to install 502's on it. In reading this thread im am sure if i need to extend the cables and wiring or not?

Old 06-28-2011 | 01:19 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Got my WO513s installed! Look and feel great . . . I do wish I had gone with the 10" mini-apes . . . in the end, I had enough cables . . . that was my goal Wild 1 bars without a cable change on an 03 SERK.

I did not run mine straight up and down on plane with the forks . . . actually moved mine forward of center to get my hands up . . . looks, well, our of symmetry . . . but comfort was my only goal. Works for me!

Set your bars however you like them.

Old 06-28-2011 | 02:56 PM
Audioi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by foundryratjim
I have a 2010 RK and would like to install 502's on it. In reading this thread im am sure if i need to extend the cables and wiring or not?
If you do need the extensions I have an extra new set in the package.

Old 06-28-2011 | 05:07 PM
foundryratjim
Cruiser

That is what i'm trying to find out. If i need longer cables and wiring i want to have them before i start the job. if i do need them i will get with you.

Old 07-11-2011 | 05:35 PM
johnbasf
Cruiser

WO's 12.5, very comfortable...

Attached Thumbnails **TOURING HANDLEBARS**Wild One WO508, 518, 513, 515, 502 - Handlebars-bike-apes.jpg  

Last edited by johnbasf; 07-11-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: **TOURING HANDLEBARS**Wild One WO508, 518, 513, 515, 502 - Handlebars