Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog membership advantage???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Lance03
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres going to be a HOG rally in Couer d' Alene this Sept. and I heard that it was going to be a $70.00 entry, WTF do you get for $70.00? a patch and a pin?

Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,393 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
See how long you wait on the road with HOG ... Want Road Service get AAA RV Plus ..
Jay, I am thinking about getting AAA RV Plus also. Might never have to use either one. But it is like having a gun. You might never have to use it but it is nice to have if you need it.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
PnDegc
Road Master

Hate to see the comments about the Chapters that "suck". When we were looking at upgrading from the Yamaha I asked the wife what do you want to do? She said "I would like to go more places, more often, with more people."
I said then Harley needs to stay on the list (didn't think we could afford 1)- they are more organized, do more things, go more places, more often than all the others put together.
And I was right!
Our chapter meetings last 1 hour or less, NO politics and usually kind of fun.
Club Motto is "Ride and Have Fun". And they stick to it. I guess our problem is we like it all. Just us going for a Sunday breakfast ride or off to the mountains, or joining up with our HOG chapter for a great day trip with 20 bikes. Our Dealer fully supports us and the Owner and 2 or 3 of his managers attend every meeting. Harley, without a doubt is a marketing machine and H.O.G. is certainly apart of that and we avoid being sucked in by it. But the "Ride and Have Fun" yea we are there.....and so far so good.

Thur night dinner rides -NO alcohol before or during.
Chill your pipes ride to ice cream joint - not starbucks
Just had a group riding course at dealer-no charge.
We have our own meeting room at dealer.
Usually a weekend ride.
Several overnight trips during the year.
Just a good group of people of all stripes.
Great website for our chapter.
Monthly newsletter that is exceptional.
They do a lot and do them well.

Pat

Old 07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OLD 96
Jay, I am thinking about getting AAA RV Plus also. Might never have to use either one. But it is like having a gun. You might never have to use it but it is nice to have if you need it.
That's what I got, in spite of being a HOG member.
AAA+RV

Old 07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
chrisflhtc
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default membership

I joined in the early eighties for the road service and the atlas.I haven't paid for membership in about 23 years. I became a life member in 85 or 86 all my patches are in a drawer waiting to be put in a display case (maybe) if I ever retire.I've been to enough events and gotten enough free stuff that it makes up for the cost. It was worth it to me. I never saw the point in joining the local wannabes my friends were out riding

Chris

Last edited by chrisflhtc; 07-02-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 AM
03sporty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by PnDegc
Hate to see the comments about the Chapters that "suck". When we were looking at upgrading from the Yamaha I asked the wife what do you want to do? She said "I would like to go more places, more often, with more people."
I said then Harley needs to stay on the list (didn't think we could afford 1)- they are more organized, do more things, go more places, more often than all the others put together.
And I was right!
Our chapter meetings last 1 hour or less, NO politics and usually kind of fun.
Club Motto is "Ride and Have Fun". And they stick to it. I guess our problem is we like it all. Just us going for a Sunday breakfast ride or off to the mountains, or joining up with our HOG chapter for a great day trip with 20 bikes. Our Dealer fully supports us and the Owner and 2 or 3 of his managers attend every meeting. Harley, without a doubt is a marketing machine and H.O.G. is certainly apart of that and we avoid being sucked in by it. But the "Ride and Have Fun" yea we are there.....and so far so good.

Chill your pipes ride to ice cream joint - not starbucks
Just had a group riding course at dealer-no charge.
We have our own meeting room at dealer.
Usually a weekend ride.
Several overnight trips during the year.
Just a good group of people of all stripes.
Great website for our chapter.
Monthly newsletter that is exceptional.
They do a lot and do them well.

Pat
Sounds to me that your HOG Chapter is right on track like ours. We have the best dealer support. The best members and we ride the best motorcycles in the world. If anyone cares to check out our website, you will see by the peoples faces that we are riding and having fun. Also another motto is " We guide you ride! " So if you didn't want to get caught up in helping the chapter in any way you don't have to. But I believe when you see how much the chapter can give to you, you will want to give back. I feel sorry for those who don't have supporting dealers, or chapters that don't put alot of effort into making the most out of each event. Ours does. I consider myself very lucky. Just my .02

Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Cyphilis
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PnDegc

What fun is it then.... no beer, no *****,... no sense in going.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
1mrbill
Cruiser

I belonged for a few years, then decided that the American Motorcyclist Assoc. (AMA) done more in the way of lobbying for bikers and the money was better spent there. The MoCo got enough of my money.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:06 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Been a HOG member for years; can't say I have gotten much of anything for my money, other than a cool patch and a road atlas every year and my local chapter standing there with there hand out evry time I see them.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:12 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the part I don't understand, is I bought a 2005 Ultra from the local dealer, now I paid more for it than some HD's cost new. But they don't give you a free National membership for buying a used bike. Seems to me they are neglecting a prospective member, also the local chapters don't even ask or recruit used bike buyers.

Joe

Quick Reply: hog membership advantage???