Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog membership advantage???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local dealer give 10% off parts and clothing with the Local Chapter... and as we know, you need National to get Local. Plus my dealer paid for both when I bought my bike.

Yesterday I got 10% off the parts for my 1000 mile service. Had them do a taillight conversion at the time. So that trip alone I saved about 15.00. Total saved in 4 weeks about 150.00. (Bought 2 pairs of boots, 2 sets of rain gear, and a bucnh of other stuff). So it is worth the cost (had I paid for it) so far.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

By the way... how much is the National membership?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

hey guys, thanks for the input for the hog membership. where i live, an hour from tulsa, at the dealership there, you're given a years membership when you buy a new bike. no discounts on parts or accessories. this thread generated a lot of replies. being as i prefer riding alone, and don't "ride to drink", i won't renew mine. besides i was never impressed with the ability of an accountant to get into his biker/pirate suit on weekends to become an instant badass. thanks again for the input.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:55 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get 20% off at Zanotti Harley Davidson (Internet order) and I don't need no stinkin' Membership to get it. WHY pay more?

Don't confuse the issue. Anyone paying for a HOG membership just to get 10 or 15% discount is foolish. You're still getting reamed.

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html

Old 07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RODEO
I get 20% off at Zanotti Harley Davidson (Internet order) and I don't need no stinkin' Membership to get it. WHY pay more?

Don't confuse the issue. Anyone paying for a HOG membership just to get 10 or 15% discount is foolish. You're still getting reamed.

Again... how much is the national membership. If it costs 50.00 (I have no idea the cost), and at 10% I'm saving at least that in a year, I do not see that as a "reaming". I call it breaking even with the possiblity of moving ahead.

What I think is a scam are the pins for miles that the dealer needs to sign off on. Notice they coinside with the maintenance intervales? (1,000 5,000 10,000 and so on).

Old 07-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO

Lesse I get 10% off all purchases, plus additional incentives not availiable to the public with my HOG National/Local membership. You figure in the shipping charges and time it takes for you to get the part and I am way ahead on what I get. Not to mention I support my local dealership so I have a great place to go even if it is for a free cup o' joe!

Like others have said it is what you make of it. I really enjoy my local and it is very active. Not only doing rides for fun but for charities. Doing a toy run for a lil' kid here on the 12th. Can't wait to be a part of that.

Rax

Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
WingNut55
Banned

My Local Chapter ( Fairfax ) Sucks

Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I believe the membership for National is $45.00 yr. Discount if you do 2 or 3 years together. I know I am ahead of the game with my discounts cookouts and other stuff they offer.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Sleepynupe
Advanced

My local dealer give 10% off parts and clothing with the Local Chapter... tHE nATIONAL MEMBERSHIP IS FREE FOR FIRST YEAR AFTER THE PURCHASE AND $40 PER YEAR AFTERWARDS. For some the advantage is meeting others to ride with.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

Joined HOG so that I could also join the local chapter. Have met many good people that like to ride and they have plenty of planned rides all year. You can volunteer if you want for some of their charity stuff and you can attend their quarterly meetings or not. Not mandatory. Also, you can pick and choose what rides you want to go to. You really do get what you put in to it.

Last edited by surfcitybum; 07-01-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: hog membership advantage???