Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hog membership advantage???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10% off all of the Harley Bling. Let's see, can I recover the cost of membership with the 10% discount? In a New York minute. It's all about the green.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:01 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

National HOG is disbanding our HOG Chapter because our sponsoring dealership closed down. That plain blows....

To disband a group that have been riding together and are friends and now National HOG says to disband and go join other HOG Chapters?? Yea right!!! That's a great way to treat people isn't it?

More like National HOG will lose more then a few paying members is all...

Last edited by RODEO; 07-01-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Barneys Owner
Advanced

I too have pondered this.
I am know on my free year after buying the bike. Just paid for Hubby's renewal of two years. He has joined the local club now. But has not gone on a single ride with them. Miss most of the meetings as they are on a Saturday and it conflicts with our drill weekends (we are in the same unit).

I still do not understand why to be a tag along on his membership to the local chapter I have to be a national hog member???

I have found out that you can get discounted motel rooms.

I did like the trip planner on their website.

I do actually think that I may stay with the local group more then hubby. He works out of town and I might like to have someone to ride with during the week.

Don't know. But for now we both belong, will see how things go. I am not aware that there is still a discount on stuff at the shop, does anyone know if there is?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:58 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

For me, the biggest reason i keep my HOG membership, is i have to have it in order to join a local chapter. Our chapter does about 100 chapter sanctioned rides in our short riding season. I upgraded my membership to life back before they jacked the price up, and i was i think 30 at the time. Cost me about $400 if i remember correctly...so assuming i make it to retirement., its only costing me about $11/year to have the coverage, enjoy their fly and ride, and get to hang out with some like minded adults and put some miles on our scoots.

Also, with our chapter depending on participation in chapter events, the dealer offers up to 15% off, so its not difficult to get your money back out of that deal.

Last edited by HDRider2002; 07-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My chapter does a ton of rides we get 10% off all parts, clothes at the dealer.
Check our calendar on our website:

www.bostonhog.com

and no not all local hog chapters are the same..
We ride, we don't hang out at Dunkin Donuts all day or Honey Dew..

We have rides every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and have 3-6 overnight rides per year.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:31 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Got the free national membership with the new bike. Joined the local chapter shortly after because I hadn't ridden in any big groups and wanted to see what it was like. I've really met some outstanding people. I've gone on several of the rides and just volunteered last weekend to hand out some shirts at the dealership for a couple of hours. I actually really enjoy being a part of something motorcycle related. All the years riding ricers, I always wished there was more to do, HOG is really a lot of fun. I think you get out of it what you put into it.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Default ,

I decided the life membership was the way to go back in 2000 - will be cheaper in the long run. Don't really do alot of the Rally stuff anymore, but when we do we have fun. Just joined the local chapter after being out for a few years really just to support them. I do attend at some of their events, rides, and cookouts. Still get 10% off but not sure if its because of the local chapter or bike purchase.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer offers 20% off of parts and accessories when you are a local chapter member. I have taken full advantage of that since I bought the bike a couple months ago.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
stalerabbits
Intermediate

We just upgraded our membership to unlimited towing and travel expenses. We have owned our bike for 5 weeks and it has already been towed due to a manufactured defect.
We love to go on long rides and wanted the peace of mind. To us it's worth the $29.95 a year. We don't do the HOG rallies either.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
saw*me
Tourer

Thought I would try it till I met the local members. A Hog ralley around here sould be renamed a Snob Ralley. Biggest bunch of posers I've ever met. One guy I've know for years wouldn't even say anything to us because we knew he trailers his bike to all the Bike weeks. I'm sure that there are good groups but I'm not lucky enough to be near one.

Tom

Quick Reply: hog membership advantage???