Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Say Goodbye to Butt Burn!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 06:28 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Northwoodz
Thank God! I thought this was going to be about Preparation H.
Dammit! Ya beat me to it! I was gonna be so cool!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:43 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aerostich lamb cover works wonders. Takes any butt burn away cool in heat and warm in cold weather. Just did 3,650 mile ride in seven days through 100 degrees is West Texas and 39 on Mt. Evans in Colorado.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:53 PM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey, this is good info, appreciate it. Here I have UA and other similiar shorts for the gym, but never even thought about wearing them while riding. Heading out for about a 5K mile ride in a few weeks, so timing is good.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
rhaneski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are so right. I am not a large man but I did feel some discomfort in the inner thighs while riding in the heat. You are right powder helped--for awhile. Then I got a pair of that wicking performance underwear with no seams--big difference.
exactly what kind of underwear are you using and where do we find it.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
WrenchinRider
Tourer
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts
Thumbs up

Totally agree on the UA or similar shorts. I didn't think I would care for them when I first tried them on,but after a long hot ride,I'm a believer. They work so well, that I've started wearing them to work in the summer months on hotter days. Sounds silly,but this may be one of the best touring tips I've seen on HD forums. After all If your in pain,How much fun can the ride be?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

The Comp shorts that I saw don't have a fly in them.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Butt burn? Never heard of that before.........do you mean monkey butt? Hell, easier than shorts, powder or anything else........just buy a Corbin seat and be done with it!

I've been riding since the early 70s and I'm kind of a knucklehead.....just refused to believe that a seat that hard could be that comfortable after a couple of hours in the saddle.

I just surrendered about four years ago and bought a Corbin. I immediatly did a cross country ride and was amazed at what I'd heard for years was actually true. Yes, it's hard to the touch but comfortable to sit in. Even more comfortable after the first two hours.

Since then, I've done many 800 mile days and a couple of 1,000 mile days. It's the only seat that I've ever been able to do this on and I'm an old man now.

Oh, somebody mentioned size........6'4" at 220 lbs.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:17 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

I've worn the padded spandex type shorts for years riding dirt bikes ... they work !!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad the info has helped. When I said Under Armor it was more for product recognition than a suggestion. Those things are freaken expensive.

No the ones I use do not have a fly. If someone finds some for $12 let me know and Im on the list.

The ones I got from wally work just fine and if you still play softball even have a built in cup holder (you know what I mean).

Be careful with the padded shorts. If not built correctly cotton will still touch the skin and recreate the problem. Other than that enjoy the extra padding.

The sheepskin covers work well but are much more expensive than comprssion shorts and ends up being something else to care for.

Last edited by iceman5218; 07-01-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 AM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BCguy
I use these on long rides. Yeah, they look goofy but they do work and who's gonna see them anyway. Ride all day with no posterior discomfort (aka monkey butt).

http://ldcomfort.com/store/mens-dryline-shorts.html
I'm buying a pair tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Say Goodbye to Butt Burn!!!!!!