Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You've Got To Be Kiddin' Me!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
ajpuck
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down You've Got To Be Kiddin' Me!!

So I goes to the stealer with a hair brained idea of trading in my '08 EGC and my '06 Fatboy on a new '09 or '2010 Screamin' Eagle EGUC. I ask the stealer what my two bikes would be worth on a trade in. The '06 Fatboy has approx. 13,000 miles on it with a lot of added chrome on it. The EGC has approx. 8,000 miles on it with a few goodies that I added. The stealer comes back with $11,500 on the Fatboy and $14,500 on the EGC. According to the NADA book the trade in value for the Fatboy with all the goodies I put on it is approx. $14,500 and the trade in value for the EGC is approx. $17,000. I was hoping to keep what I would owe on a new ride to a minimum. I told the stealer that he had to be out of his mind. He said that I should sit down with him and since I was such a good customer we could work out a deal. If that's the case and I'm such a good customer why play games with me, just give me your best shot right up front and cut out the other crap!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:07 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

I'd shop around.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their not in it to lose money............ or make any less than they can anyway. Dealing with dealers sucks but it is what it is. GOODLUCK!!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

I hope you get a kiss before going for that deal!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:13 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

I know when I inquired about trading-in with my dealer they came up with a off the wall number that I did not like. I ended up selling it outright and was happy. Took a little longer to sell but the right buyer snatched it up and we both got a good deal.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The economy sucks,
Peak spring buying season has mostly passed and moved on to impulse summer buy season,
The '10's are just now hitting the floor
You're trading in what are now 4 yr old and 2 yr old bikes
You want better than book value on the deal,
Obamanomics are not really working right now,
And you start the first sentence by calling the guy a stealer.

Bwahahahaha!!.....

Old 06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Actually, the offer sounds fair to me. Around here you might get two grand more apiece selling them yourself. Just sayin'.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
GodFather
Cruiser

I agree. Not every dealer is just going to pull down their pants and lose their *** on every deal. Just cant happen. At some point, dealers I have to make money. Sales people (as much as you might hate them) have families too that need to be fed.

How bout telling your job to sell their product at or below invoice and tell me what your owner says? lol.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
al baehr
Tourer

I know the market is full of bikes as of now, last yr my dealer was buying used bikes of the street, this yr the same ones keep sitting on the floor. I have been watching the ads and there are some great deals out there. Any of us looking for a second bike I am thinking come Sept will be a great time to buy.

I know Harley Corp will survive, but I do wonder about some of these dealers that built shopping mall size stores.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

can't believe they were gonna give you $27,000 on 2 old bikes then ya could have got one nice new 2010... quit your crying it's called depreciation, sell em on your own if you can do better

Quick Reply: You've Got To Be Kiddin' Me!!