Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chicago Harley...?

Sad to hear that you re having trouble with Chicago Harley. Zanotti has given me great service and prices. Try 'em sometime for H-D products, not for aftermarket though.

Old 05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I stopped in Chicago HD today and spoke to the woman who handles the internet and showed her this thread. She didn't know about HDF so she was happy to see it. She pointed out on their website how you can check your order status and they do send out an email to let you know the status. Obviously they have no control over the MOCO and the move has been a challenge. They are good people and I will happily spend my $ there in the future (as if they don't have enough of my $ already!).

Old 05-21-2006, 09:40 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

to Longtimegone -

I am curious.. have you had a problem with ordering aftermarket from Zanotti? I ordered the saddle roll from T-Bag recently.. thing retails for $110 and they sold it to me for $68 bucks.

When I spoke to them (via phone) to confirm before placing the order we did discuss that sometimes part numbers are tough to match up... but it was suggested that if I did not find it on the site that I should call first because they most likely can get it.

I also had a friend buy all new braided lines for a bike rebuild he did.. not sure the brand of cables, but I do know he got them from Zanotti at a really nice discount.

That said.. I have no problem giving my business to either Chicago or Zanotti.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain

Zanotti has been a very good source for me on H-D parts. Good availability, prices and service. M & M Cycles has generally had better prices from the aftermarket suppliers. Both have been good to deal with. I just finished placing good size orders with both of them. Perhaps if I had waited until Monday and called Zanotti, they would have given me some price breaks and I could have just placed one order. The discount on my Zanotti oreder came out to over 23%. Damn good prices.

I recently order some Barnett cables and brake hoses. Because of the custom measuerments, finish, etc. I went to a local chopper shop with the order rather than risk missing something by placing the order over the internet.

Thanks to the good people of HDforums for steering me toward some good internet vendors.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Mitt
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Mrkicks

I stopped in Chicago HD today and spoke to the woman who handles the internet and showed her this thread. She didn't know about HDF so she was happy to see it. She pointed out on their website how you can check your order status and they do send out an email to let you know the status. Obviously they have no control over the MOCO and the move has been a challenge. They are good people and I will happily spend my $ there in the future (as if they don't have enough of my $ already!).
Oh pissa - Thanks alot - now they'll ship my stuff to the "F-ing" moon... LOL [sm=happybounce.gif]