Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Harley...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:47 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: Chicago Harley...?

I placed an order with Chicago HD on 3-19-06 for security system II and smart pager. Both items are on B/O from the MOCO. I called Zanottis and others and was told the same thing, both item not in stock, B/O from MoCo. Chicago charged about $10 S/H, Zanottis quoted $19. Every time I got quotes from Zanottis their S/H was outrageous. Not Chicago fault if the items are B/O from the MoCo but come on, gouging on S/H? Zanottis should be ashamed. I'll stick with Chicago. Just my .03 (adjusted for inflation) worth.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:16 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I use them almost exclusively and have never had a problem. Hard to beat 20% off and no tax.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Mack,

Who is THEM? Chicago or Zanottis?

Old 05-20-2006, 11:32 AM
joeyneat
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Hales Harley-Davidson out of Ohio, you can get there info off the dealer locator on HD site. I have used them for 5 years now, never a problem!

Old 05-20-2006, 11:48 AM
LAWMAN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just recently purchased a 2006 Road King Standard. I have been ordering a lot of parts from different companies. I have had great satisfaction and customer service from Chicago Harley and Jafrum. However, I tried to order several parts from Zanottis and the parts guy: John was very rude. John wanted to know why I was calling when I should be placing an order on-line. He had a attitude and acted as if he was doing me a HUGE favor. After I explained to him that I was at work and while I do have a laptop in my cruiser it's not currently set up for the internet, and that I did not want to place an order on-line only to receive a e-mail telling me it was on BACKORDER! It would behove some of these parts businesses to spend some money on educating their employees on good customer service. I won't spend my money at ZANOTTIS they don't deserve it. Zanottis is not the ONLY game in town. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:51 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

I've said it before and said it again if Chicago where the last dealer on the face of the earth I and everyone I know from Overseas would all buy from a Honda dealer. These bozzoz refuse to ship to a FPO/APO address. Therefore that means they are saying to all Americans overseas working for military or in military that they don't care. I use HALE's they give same or better discount and I can get stuff to Japan in 7 days. Another good place is Subrban Harley just my .02 worth.

Old 05-20-2006, 03:42 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: geno3j

I've said it before and said it again if Chicago where the last dealer on the face of the earth I and everyone I know from Overseas would all buy from a Honda dealer. These bozzoz refuse to ship to a FPO/APO address. Therefore that means they are saying to all Americans overseas working for military or in military that they don't care. I use HALE's they give same or better discount and I can get stuff to Japan in 7 days. Another good place is Subrban Harley just my .02 worth.

they do not refuse, they are not able to. They use UPS, UPS does nto ship to those addresses. If you would like to pay the extra money to have someone form them drive to the post office and sit in line for an hour I am sure they would be happy to do it for you. We also did not. We used UPS and THATS IT

Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

That's why I order in the winter when I can afford to wait.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
jdag
Tourer

Just ordered 2 pretty basic items (touring air pump and axle covers). Took over 3 weeks. Won't be buying from Chicago HD again any time soon.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:59 PM
2smoooth
Road Captain

This is just me guessing.. but I would suspect they are unwilling to deplete their in-store stock (perhaps they are willing to go down to a certain level of stock but not zero) in order to satisfy our online (20% or more discount) orders.

I appreciate the fact that there are dealers out there willing to sell me parts at a substantial discount and I place my orders accourdingly. If I need the part in under 2 weeks.. I know I will be buying it locally.

Personally I have no problem with these dealers ensuring they have parts on hand for walk-in customers... let them make the extra $$ off from them, rather than us

Quick Reply: Chicago Harley...?