Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This guy wants $4,800.00 for this 2007 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This guy wants $4,800.00 for this 2007 RKC

OK, so I stumble across this ad for a 2007 RKC, with 12k miles, selling for 4800.00.
I send the guy an email asking him what's wrong with the bike.

Here's his emailed response:

First email:
This is a 2007 HARLEY DAVIDSON FLHRC ROAD KING CLASSIC WITH ONLY 12001 ACTUAL MILES ON IT. IT IS TWO TONE RED AND BLACK IN COLOR. ITS POWERED BY A 96 CUBIC INCH (1584CC) ENGINE, IS FUEL INJECTED AND HAS A 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION. IT HAS HAD CHROME GRIPS, VANCE AND HINES MUFFLERS, AND K&N BREATHER KIT INSTALLED. THE BIKE RUNS GREAT, STARTS RIGHT UP AND SHIFTS SMOOTHLY. THERE ARE NO DENTS, DINGS, OR SCRATCHES.1 OWNER CLEAR TITLE.

Price is $4800.00 .The only reason I am selling is that my wife lost her job 6 months ago, and as a result we are downsizing our expenses.I'm in a hurry to find a buyer because I'm in debts with my bank.But what it's really worrying me is that if I don't get money quickly I'll lose my house from US because the term due at my bank is near and I don't have the money to pay my rate.So now you can see the reason why I'm selling my bike at $4800.

Bike will be shipped by DAS .My brother who works for DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) will take care by the shipping..he has his own advantages..you know .

I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you and me to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the bike. ONLY AFTER you receive the bike and you inspect it (for 5 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected.

If this is the bike you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions let me know and i will set up the transaction through eBay.

Thank you

PS: If you want to see more pics just let me know!
************************************************** ************************************************** *
[Second email

First see the pics of the bike..just click or copy and paste in your new browser the following link:

http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/w...007/?start=all

Clear title without any loan and lien on it. Perfect condition.

I'm an US Air Force SSgt. currently stationed in United Kingdom.The bike is located in US and it will be shipped by my brother who works for DAS from Havre, Montana for free (the bike has been crated and is ready for shipping because the loan of my previous buyer didn't get approved) .The shipping will take 4-6 days, depending on your location. Shipping will be door to door,to your home address,somebody must be home when the bike arrives to sign for the reception.The bike will arrive with all the papers and documents required for registration and the keys. The clear title and the bill of sale will be already signed by me.

The payment will be done through eBay.You will send the money to eBay and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. I will ship the bike, you will receive it and you will have 5 days for inspection, both the bike and the paperwork and the option to accept or reject the bike.The inspection time period will begin as soon as you sign for receiving the bike at your requested address .During all this time eBay will hold the money into a trust account.So, this is not a blind transaction,you can see the bike before decided to buy it.If you are satisfied with the bike and decide to keep it you inform eBay about this and they will release the money to me.

If the bike is not as advertised and decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back the bike will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for the both of us. Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the bike and make sure everything is as agreed.

If you agree with these terms and you have the money we can go ahead with the deal.

To set up the transaction through eBay,i need the following details:

1.Your full name.
2.Your full shipping address

After set up the transaction,you will be contacted by ebay with all
the transaction details,payment&shipping instructions,etc.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Thank you

Last edited by Anthony8858; 06-29-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
deezee
Cruiser

email him back saying you want to view the bike in Montana.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Did the guy tell you his name?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I actually have friends in Montana, that might be able to see this "bike" (of course, if it exists).

Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

Originally Posted by dawg
Did the guy tell you his name?

Yes he did.
I chose not to disclose it.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

I just ran the bike through the dealer network and can tell you who supposedly owns it.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he can get more at a dealer!! I wouldn't send a cent for the bike! eBay does not hold the money.....

how much feedback he has? what is his brothers name? call DAS?

Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Yep, get his name and where he is stationed and phone number. Give him a call across the pond.. have someone see it etc.

usarmyttt
Cruiser

DUDE, this is a SCAM!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Road King Lucca
Intermediate

I was looking for a Polaris Sportsman 800 and came across the same ad ,
at that time they were selling at the dealer for 7200.00 and the ad on craigslist was selling a 2008 for 2200.00 with the same in the air force senario so I would be very suprised if wasn't a scam. BE CARFULL!!!!

Quick Reply: This guy wants $4,800.00 for this 2007 RKC