Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This guy wants $4,800.00 for this 2007 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:32 AM
tslonige
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a scam! Saw this same deal 2 years ago and contacted e-bay fraud department. They do not hold money. The next step will be he wants you to wire money somewhere. I also saw this one where it is a son whose dad died and he just wants to dump the bike because he cant stand the memory it gives him. If its to good to be true, it is!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

it smells like one of those, "hey, i'm suzanne and i live with my parents in nigeria" etc sort of thing. hell, if he's a staff sergeant in the military and his co workers/buddies don't jump on buying the bike, and he's trying to get half the price of the cheapest sportster for it. see why when it looks too good be true scenario starts kickin in?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:00 AM
eskimoSG09
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a total scam. The reason the price is so low is to entice suckers into a good deal, and because ( i have been told ) the $$ value falls below the threshold for most law enforcement's economic crime division. If ya can't see it in person, don't buy it.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:19 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TOTAL SCAM!!!!
My buddy called me yesterday because he was reading an add in Autotrader for a John Deere 4300 Compact Tractor. Everything was the same, except the person selling it said they were a woman that got the tractor in a divorce, just wanted to get rid of it, bla ,bla, bla.
DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have to agree its too good to be true. Most likely a SCAM. 2 years ago, I saw a blue ultra on ebay for a great price, sent an email to the seller....next day I get an notice from ebay, that someone tried to login to my paypal account.

This is easy, someone made a great recommendation, pay the local dealer 100.00 to broker the deal.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Would be interesting to see what the VIN came back to and if this person really owns it

Old 06-30-2009, 06:06 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 65Bowtie
I can't believe they are still trying these scams.

Just like the guys who want to buy your stuff off cragislist. Never have sent my name of address, I wonder what would happen then? I just give them my local FBI department address.
They are still "trying these scams" because suckers still fall for them. Look how many expressed interest on this thread already. There are many threads on eBay's Motorcycle Forum about people who lost their money on exactly the same type of scam. The most laughable one that I can remember was a guy that believed a serviceman bought a new Harley in Iraq, couldn't ride it, so Uncle Sam would ship it free to whomever bought it.....

Old 06-30-2009, 06:09 AM
rockbobster
6th Gear

SCAM.....Found myself looking at the same type of deal this spring on a SE EG. Once i started asking for more info the emails stopped. I smell a rat. Don't do it.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 AM
troy.j
Road Captain

From a US Navy member serving in Afghanistan this sort of **** pisses me off. some jack *** claiming to be a service member and using that claim to give support to a scam... someone needs a double a$$ kicking for trying the scam and for posing as a service member.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,165 Likes on 3,675 Posts

Looks like a scam to me...

Quick Reply: This guy wants $4,800.00 for this 2007 RKC