Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's Your 09 Runnin

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:35 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

I love my bike so much I almost can't pass it in the garage without atleast sitting on it. The wife and I ran 450 miles during 95 degree So. Illinois heat. I was OK but WOW......down by her right ankle it really cooks. Wearing shorts is almost not an option for her. It is an air-cooled engine though......I was actually thinking about something like the PCV to help richen it up and cool it down. Just not sure how much it would help. Handling is another thing. I am amazed at they way I can handle this big of a bike. What a great bike.

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:40 AM
Barneys Owner
Advanced

I love my 09, it is my first Harley so not sure if it is hotter then any others. But it rides like a dream, not pinging or other unwanted noises.

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:44 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior

Love my 09 Ultra, no pinging, handles great for a big bike. I never had a bike this big and I am very impressed by the handling. The right ankle does get warm when riding in traffic, but like everyone said, it's air cooled what do you expect. I do plan on going with a PCV, A/C, and slip-ons in the near future, everyone hear says that will cool her down some.

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:54 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I love my '09 UC Mine runs awesome, My first HD got 8500miles on her funny though others saying their right ankle getting warm maybe because I am short the only place I get the heat is when I stop and it is around my left calf. but she is very COOL.

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:06 AM
mkbrower
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bellgnte
I love my bike so much I almost can't pass it in the garage without atleast sitting on it. The wife and I ran 450 miles during 95 degree So. Illinois heat. I was OK but WOW......down by her right ankle it really cooks. Wearing shorts is almost not an option for her. It is an air-cooled engine though......I was actually thinking about something like the PCV to help richen it up and cool it down. Just not sure how much it would help. Handling is another thing. I am amazed at they way I can handle this big of a bike. What a great bike.
+1! The wife and I just rode back from the outer banks and I was pretty comfortable. She said her right foot was hot. I reached down to where her floorboard was and it was like putting my hand in front of a hair dryer on high.

Mark

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:06 AM
bellgnte
Road Master

Santajim has a good point. I wanted to clarify that I don't hot....the wife (in the passenger seat) gets a hot right ankle. It kind of sucks for my son who likes to take shorts rides with dad. He is only 5 and I don't cruise to fast on our country roads with him....at 40 the great ride on this bike doesn't bounce him out of the seat.

Old 06-30-2009 | 12:09 PM
sagalong
Advanced

My 09 is running stock and great. Have no complaints.

Old 06-30-2009 | 12:21 PM
Leonidas
Road Master

My 09 FLHRC runs great, handles superbly, but does get a lil hot on the right side, even with fuel a management system. I'll be installing some TD's to help solve this issue soon enough though.... I'm in no rush though, it's not so hot that I can't enjoy every second I'm on it

Old 06-30-2009 | 01:27 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

I just came back from [yet] another road-trip and my 09 UC ran like a dream. 46+ mpg overall. The last tank is somewhere near 49mpg (I haven't filled up yet, but I've done 224 miles on 3/4 of a tank)...Having a 103" motor really helps here in CO.

Old 06-30-2009 | 01:34 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Mine runs hot. It's stock but not for long. It's not unbearable but it's hot. I am going to open it up in couple weeks with full exhaust, stage one air kit and SERT. I am also switching to synth so all that should help it.

-T

Quick Reply: How's Your 09 Runnin