Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Road Glides On Record, and others, Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

or like something different like a cvo fugley that went over so well they only kept it for 1 year betcha ya thought that would be a real winner.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
THE X like in fltrX is the same as FLHTX streetglide
so the new roadglide will probably have the rear fender fascia and streemliner floorboards and hopefully they will get rid of the fugly stripes. I kinda pity the guys that bought 09 fuglies.
Silly me, I should have blacked out a Street Glide instead...I'm crushed.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or like something different like a cvo fugley that went over so well they only kept it for 1 year betcha ya thought that would be a real winner.
Sorry...must have missed something! Which bike are you talking about here?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea! Now we at least know what to expect. Now I want to see them!! I look forward to this every year. Ahhh...the simple pleasures in life.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogiewithtuck
Silly me, I should have blacked out a Street Glide instead...I'm crushed.
I wouldn't black out a street glide

Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts
Thumbs down

Wish I had a blacked out street glide so i could be just like you! I will guess that your on your second harley, the first a softail. Constantly slamming other peoples rides ain't cool in my book.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rideon
Wish I had a blacked out street glide so i could be just like you! I will guess that your on your second harley, the first a softail. Constantly slamming other peoples rides ain't cool in my book.
whose bike did I slam? FYI i got my 1st hd in 76,, a 75 shovel kept it for 20 years and since then I probably have had more different ones then ya have teeth. what were ya doing in 76? shitting in your diapers? I see the full moon is getting to people, myself included... Later

Old 07-08-2009, 12:10 AM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am exceited to see the changes be it good or bad. Change is what makes the wait worth while and fun. Will I upgrade? Nope, but I still can't wait to see the 2010's in person. As someone said, its like a mid year Christmas...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
1977stingray
Stage I

The 2010 Road Glide will be the same as this year, but with a 2000CC revolution motor. That was one of the many reasons for the frame change.

Going forward if HD wants to survive there will need to be two platforms of bikes to sell; Revolution and TC. That will increase thier demographic. For the HD we all grew up with it's the only way the company will survive the next 20 years. Thier stock was at $7.00 a share in Feb/Mar. They need to do something. As we all know, HD is slow to make changes. That's because you still have some grey beards making decisions. That would also explain the recent flops they've had with the Rocker, the Cross Bones and the Softail Custome with a seat no one wants. I personally like the Cross bones but have asked enough dealers to hear that it's not a big seller. HD is always a little behind the curve. It's time for Willie G to go.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
RenoRainesRenegade
Cruiser

I know this is the Touring section, but please indulge me on my first two sentences. Assuming the CARB info is correct, and it usually is pretty much right on:
Welcome back to the Wide Glide, I guess it's the 30th anniversary of that bike.
Wonder why the Softail Custom is the only Softail to come with the 103" engine stock? If this is accurate, better keep all sharp objects away from anyone who buys an '09 between now and the dealer meetings.
I am really curious as to what the Electra Glide Standard's successor, the FLHTK, will be; I always thought the EGS was a great deal, but obviously not enough buyers thought so.
The new Road Glides, the FLTRX (w/ Street Glide treatment, presumably) and the FLTRU (w/ Ultra treatment, presumably) could cause some hardcore batwing fans to defect to the shark nose. Maybe soon RG owners/fans won't be so outnumbered out here as they have been!
SOMEONE out there has to know what the mysterious FLXXX is; it could be a Touring model, but then again it could be a Softail model. Come on, spill, we won't tell anyone!

Last edited by RenoRainesRenegade; 07-08-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Road Glides On Record, and others, Calif.