Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Road Glides On Record, and others, Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
Maybe if HD closed a plant for the economy and opened up one line for CVO's... otherwise can't see making CVO's along with standard models...
Here is the recent thread I referred to regarding the CVO assembly. The OP certainly seems as if he has some insight in the process.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/screa...operation.html

Old 07-06-2009, 05:38 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
Here is the recent thread I referred to regarding the CVO assembly. The OP certainly seems as if he has some insight in the process.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/screa...operation.html

At this time tg061200's one and only post was on the above thread.
Looks to me like maybe a disgruntled union worker who is being trimmed because of the high cost of union labor bringing HD down during these economic times..

Last edited by agapsdiver; 07-06-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
At this time tg061200's one and only post was on the above thread.
Looks to me like maybe a disgruntled union worker who is being trimmed because of the high cost of union labor bringing HD down during these economic times..
You could very easily be right. I was just thinking out loud trying to figure out the post by oldbagr which said "Talked to the dealer yesterday and was told that the MOCO will not produce any Screaming Eagle scoots for the 2010 model year". Thought maybe somehow there might have been a connection between the dealer quote and the CVO line disbanding thread.

Oh well, in three weeks we'll have some answers.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
hot95hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 09 RG, and think the stripes look just fine, better than the upside **** swoosh stripes last year

Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 124 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Xcrossbow
You could very easily be right. I was just thinking out loud trying to figure out the post by oldbagr which said "Talked to the dealer yesterday and was told that the MOCO will not produce any Screaming Eagle scoots for the 2010 model year". Thought maybe somehow there might have been a connection between the dealer quote and the CVO line disbanding thread.

Oh well, in three weeks we'll have some answers.
I think there will still be CVO's....But HD is cutting back on all production.
I think their profit margin is pretty good with the CVO.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,083 Likes on 562 Posts

The CVO bikes are big money makers for HD. I don't anticipate any cuts in the numbers of these bikes unless the demand isn't there.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leohd
great find agap...already knew about the FLTX curious about the FLXXX. and FLHTK maybe k for knight and the long awaited screamin eagle street glide FLHXSE
I don't get this! You say long awaited "screamin eagle street glide"?????

Seeing as a Street Glide is supposed to be a STRIPPED DOWN Electra Glide.....which Harley has made as a CVO bike for 7 years in a row.....how is this long awaited????

Considering that Harley puts all the bling crap they can onto a CVO bike....how are they going to do this and still call it a "screamin eagle street glide". If they do that it's just another Screamin Eagle Electra Glide.

The only way they can really call it a "screamin eagle street glide" is if they just take the current Street Glide and stick the 110 motor in it. Boring!

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's long awaited.....I think it's already been overdone.

My opinion, even though I am not a fan of Sportster's much, I think they should have built one of those years ago with the Buell motor in it. With that motor in it, it could have easily been one of the fastest Harley's ever built besides the V-Rod and what a fitting tribute that would be for a bike that has always remained one of Harley's mainstays.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,083 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by Kasper
I don't get this! You say long awaited "screamin eagle street glide"?????

Seeing as a Street Glide is supposed to be a STRIPPED DOWN Electra Glide.....which Harley has made as a CVO bike for 7 years in a row.....how is this long awaited????

Considering that Harley puts all the bling crap they can onto a CVO bike....how are they going to do this and still call it a "screamin eagle street glide". If they do that it's just another Screamin Eagle Electra Glide.

The only way they can really call it a "screamin eagle street glide" is if they just take the current Street Glide and stick the 110 motor in it. Boring!

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's long awaited.....I think it's already been overdone.

My opinion, even though I am not a fan of Sportster's much, I think they should have built one of those years ago with the Buell motor in it. With that motor in it, it could have easily been one of the fastest Harley's ever built besides the V-Rod and what a fitting tribute that would be for a bike that has always remained one of Harley's mainstays.
Adding chrome accessories and custom paint doesn't make the FLHX just another Electraglide. Besides, we all know the CVO Electraglides were the original models that inspired the Streetglides. Who knows but my guess is the bikes will have 18 inch wheels, extended bags, custom paint, the 110 and of course some new twists that have yet to be revealed.

I agree with you on the Sporty. There is no reason HD shouldn't bump up the power on these.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Kasper,the sportster is 1200cc in a light bike ..and you think it needs more power??? it's the touring bikes that need more power, also you think the se electra glide and street glides are the same

Last edited by leohd; 07-07-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Kasper
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leohd
Kasper,the sportster is 1200cc in a light bike ..and you think it needs more power??? it's the touring bikes that need more power, also you think the se electra glide and street glides are the same
Sure I think the Sporty could use more power....show me any Harley that does not? I think they are all underpowered....big time!

What I have said is the Street Glide is supposed to be a STRIPPED DOWN Electra Glide.........but yes they are virtually the same bike.

Take the SE Electra Glide.......STRIP IT DOWN......and what do you have? Virtually a Street Glide with a 110 in it.

My point being that I think the BATWING bike as a CVO has been done to death and it is time for something more unique like when they first started the program. Something like resurrecting the FXR again but only with the Twin Cam 110 this time, or something like doing the Sturgis model again only on a Dyna Chassis.

Quick Reply: New 2010 Road Glides On Record, and others, Calif.