Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ride when it's 100+ out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tda69
Dude, if I have to strap a friggin ice pack on my chest to ride around in the heat, I'll just stay home and lay out by the pool. Seems kind of ridiculous if you ask me, but to each his own I suppose.
Judging by your sig pic, you don't have any problem strapping on assless chaps and all form of other gear to ride. Not sure why a vest is so ridiculous, but as you said - to each his own.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride as long as it is dry when I hit the road. I'm digging the early **** right now at work. I rode in this morning at 5:30 AM. Sun was just starting and the temps were nice and cool. It will definitely be warmer on the way home.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i'll take the opportunity ride in 100+ as opposed to the -10 that i have to deal w/ later in the year.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Feedsack
Just finished riding to and from OKC from Houston. Hot as hell 103 degrees in the shade at 13:00 and I would like to say my oil is HD syn in all areas and I use a oil cooler and my oil never got above 220 even stuck in traffic in dallas at 12 noon.
I didnt like the Club OKC not enough vendors only about 20.

+1...rode to Club OKC from Dallas and as far as riding in that kind of heat...not my idea of "fun". Granted, I ride in a FF and "gear" when I'm on the road. I think the riding would've been more tolerable had the Rally not been so lame (IMO).

Living in Dallas, we can pretty much ride year round. The way I figure it, there are plenty of decent weather days to get out and ride without needing to deal with extreme heat, cold or rain. Then again, I don't consider myself a "biker"...just a passionate rider!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:27 PM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I do, don't really enjoy it in town but I gotta ride.........
Besides the alternative for me is a jeep with no top on it.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:30 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont like when it is real humid like it was here the past few days in WI. I like to ride at night on the warm days when the temps are down. I did a firefighter memorial ride the other year and it was real hot. Got blisters on the top of my head. Not fun.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride whenever I can cold or hot - no matter. I don't care for the in town stop and go riding when it's hot but I ride just about everyday to and from work, hot or cold, wet or dry.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I would ride in 100*+ heat these days, only if I had someplace important to go. As far as just riding around in it to say that I had,----AIN'T NO WAY! I did however ride through Kanas back in the late 80s one afternoon while the temperature was 119*! Wouldn't do that now a days.

Last edited by will2002; 06-29-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM
FLTRKER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We planned our ride frm Ind to branson Mo for the wrong week- we left Thursdat evening and it was 94 at 5pm. we intended to leave early the next morn, but the wife overslept and we burned up after 11am. It got to 99 in Poplar Bluff- we took a wrong turn and went 30 miles on some lame county rd. and then we decided it was not worth it- we all seemed to have heat sickness- we layed up till 5 and drove back to the Cape and spent the night- riding through the rain shower was a nice ride Friday- hard to get away frm the heat- even at speed- we are all past 60 and not used to the heat so far this summer-be carefull if riding in that type of heat- in and out of the air cond- did us in also.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

rode this weekend from houston area friday to port isabel in the valley returning sunday afternoon. 102+ in houston with heat index of about 107. only about 5 degrees cooler (?) in valley area. left friday am about 6 arriving about noon so not too bad but ride home left at noon arriving about 6:30. it was freaking awful. as long as moving not too bad but kinda like a blast furnace. used 70 sunscreen and drank 4 bottles water, 2 large gatorades, plus stopped for 3 drinks on ride. also ate oll the ice i could get. really not all that bad as long as you prepare. still rather ride when cooler. oh well. the laguna madre was awesome and we put some nice trout in the boat....ride safe

Quick Reply: Do you ride when it's 100+ out?