Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit worst pothole EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
NHFLHR
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit one once and thought I lost my fork seals as fluid started poring down the front end. Turned out one of the air lines spit out from the top of my right fork and the fluid was coming from there...

Old 06-28-2009, 02:47 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

After reading this I guess we have it pretty good in Texas... no significant potholes considering just 20yrs ago 30% of the small town roads were dirt/ mud roads. Now their all paved.

As a matter of fact our roads are ALWAYS under construction... for years and years and years they will improve one area of road. Then they decide to widen it after all those years of construction and switch the road to the left then to the right - then to the middle then all over again...

Guess I shouldn't complain... we don't have potholes real bad but the few we have are never eliminated... its not hard - sawcut - remove - fill - top! Pretty easy - not sure why municipalities can't find a single person in the state that gets that!

Old 06-28-2009, 03:42 PM
billyp326
Cruiser

Couple weeks ago I was riding home with a group. My bro was lead and I was second. We always tend to ride staggered just to give an out should we need one. Cruising at about 60mph and in a light drizzle I crested a hill and saw a HUGE pothole right in my lane of travel and didn't have much time to react. I looked to my left and there was the SOB riding behind me right on my hip... Had to take it. Luckily I had enough time to stand on my footboard and my bro said he saw my rear tire come clean off the roadway. Got home and inspected everything and all looks good to go thankfully...