Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No changes in 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie-FLHXI
ok i'll bite .... what is it?
Speculation of a Street Glide version of the Road Glide. I still think just the letters FLTR are being discontinued and there will be an FLTRC or FLTRCU.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We'll know when they want us to know but I don't expect anything revolutionary. Dropping the EG Standard makes sense. New colors/combo's, for sure. I hope they build a new sleek RKing similar to the RK Custom. I'd like to see them stretch the touring frame and drop the seat but that'll happen the day after the sky falls.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:49 AM
meintel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear the are going to be releasing a new type of RG with 28" Dub "Floaters". If not they will be releasing this at the new touring model...

Attached Thumbnails No changes in 2010-uno-cycle-1.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Talked to a buddy that works at Harley ,a couple of big suprizes comin for 2010 but he cant say what.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 AM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Friend of mine in Roswell talked to an HD factory rep and the information relayed was a CVO heritage softail classic and revolution engine (vrod) powered ultra offering...the frame design change in 09 was made to make room for that engine...just relaying what was said. Like everyone said, we'll find out soon.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

I was looking at a 09 Screaming Eagle SG at bike night the other day and realized it was just a Screaming Eagle Ultra with the tourpack and lowers taken off, and a shorter windshield put on. It was then I wondered what Harely could really do different for a Screaming Eagle SG. Since the SE Ultra tins are the same as SG tins, is there all that much difference? I might be looking for a used 09 Screaming Eagle Ultra next year.

Beary

Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hdman
Duh! Now let me see.... A saleman with a showroom full of 09s, talking to a
customer who Might be a prospective buyer...... Give me a BREAK.....
Would you expect him to say..." Wait, just 4 weeks and the 10s will be out,
dont buy a year old bike.".. Duh .....hdman
Ok, get this . . . Latus is the biggest dealer in the Northwest. They actually have VERY FEW 09s on the floor. I was surprised. ZERO Road Glides, ONE Ultra, ONE Street Glide, and several non-touring bikes. They usually have mutiples of all models. There were several V-rods however. Looked to me like they were working to clear out a lot of used bikes.

Anyway, I just started this thread as a diversion for something to talk about until Mid-July. Have some fun with it . . . . Isn't that what this forum is about?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
Spent some time talking with a HD salesman today. His exact words were, "2009 was the year of substantial changes for the HD line especially the touring bikes. The only changes in 2010 will be color choices." He also said the "V-rod sales were way off from last year." This was at Latus Motors in Portland, Oregon which is the largest dealer in the Northwest.

I know it will be a few weeks before we find out for sure. Just thought I'd throw it out for discussion. For once, i tend to agree with this salesman.

I'm guessing a CVO Streetglide is offered. My crystal ball also sees a blacked out touring bike. Other than that, same ol' same ol'.

Steve
I guess this means that I won't be able to get My 2010 water-cooled UltraWing?

Old 06-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Speculation of a Street Glide version of the Road Glide. I still think just the letters FLTR are being discontinued and there will be an FLTRC or FLTRCU.

O.K. is that an oxymoron? The primary difference between the Street Glide and the Road Glide is only the fairing. So a "Street Glide version of the Road Glide"..........would still be a Street Glide.

I can tell you that in the CVO line up there will be a model with the batwing fairing and the 09 CVO Road Glide tail section. I don't know if it wll be a Screamin Eagle Electra Glide 3 (remember the 04 & 05 Screamin Eagle Electra Glides) or if they'll call it a Screamin Eagle Street Glide. We all know that the Street Glide came about as a down graded version of the 04/05 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide, so not sure they'd put that label on it.

Whatever they're going to call it, it will be the hottest selling CVO in 2010......outselling the Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic.

As far as what the salesman had to say........he's talkin out his poop chute cause his mouth knows better.

By the way Monstermile, no issue with your post......you're just reporting what you "heard"..... just like me and everybody else is doing. Everybody wants to believe that they're have "reliable" information and a very few do.....but proving that (until the dealers meeting) is a whole different thing. I say to those who doubt my comments "believe it or not"!

Last edited by Open Road; 06-28-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:49 PM
hdman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sifularson
Ok, get this . . . Latus is the biggest dealer in the Northwest. They actually have VERY FEW 09s on the floor. I was surprised. ZERO Road Glides, ONE Ultra, ONE Street Glide, and several non-touring bikes. They usually have mutiples of all models. There were several V-rods however. Looked to me like they were working to clear out a lot of used bikes.

Anyway, I just started this thread as a diversion for something to talk about until Mid-July. Have some fun with it . . . . Isn't that what this forum is about?
Yeah, I agree, let's have fun. Even if they only have a few 09s, that is where the
priority is in sales...... SALE WHAT YA GOT..... new or used, but not what is coming
down in 2010. Good thread..... I like to read all this BULL including mine.... hdman

Quick Reply: No changes in 2010