Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know whats up with Head Quarters

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 05:26 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone know whats up with Head Quarters

I've been trying to reach Head Quarters for over a week and they don't respond to emails and there phone service says they aren't taking any calls.
Are they that far behind or did they decide to go on vacation during the busy season?
Anyone know???????????

Old 06-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Kevin from HQ is a good friend of mine. And, more than likely, it's precisely because HQ is extremely busy that they aren't responding to phone calls and emails; need to get customer items done and shipped instead of taking phone calls and responding to email.

Kevin has told me many tiimes how frustrating it is to deal with a customer with whom he has already had one or more lengthy conversations who calls back because he read something on a forum that was different than what Kevin told them, or their buddy told them something different, etc.

So, at times it's necessary to cutback on the time spent on the phone and emails and get work out to paying customers, deal with their mechanics or tuners, etc.

Hang in there; their stuff is worth the wait IMO. Also, if Kevin tells you something about what works and what doesn't; if he tells you that you need something; bank on it. The guy is a degreed mechanical engineer from Ga. Tech, been building hot rods since before he was a teenager, knows tuning, electronics, computer programming, etc. and knows way more than the guys you read about in magazines, on the net, etc.

And, he's a really good guy.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:30 PM
hrchdog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the HQ forum Doug mentioned Kevin had a new job, do you know what and where it is?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hrchdog
On the HQ forum Doug mentioned Kevin had a new job, do you know what and where it is?
Yes; he's doing great and swamped there, also. And I'm sure if he wanted that business phone number known to HQ customers, he'd share it--I won't and if any of his other friends on HDF have that information, I trust they'll let Kevin disclose it when and if he chooses to do so.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've spent many Saturdays and Sundays with Kevin when he has taken lengthy calls from HQ customers, and I he's told me he doesn't want calls for HQ coming to his new business phone.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:32 AM
hrchdog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Yes; he's doing great and swamped there, also. And I'm sure if he wanted that business phone number known to HQ customers, he'd share it--I won't and if any of his other friends on HDF have that information, I trust they'll let Kevin disclose it when and if he chooses to do so.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I've spent many Saturdays and Sundays with Kevin when he has taken lengthy calls from HQ customers, and I he's told me he doesn't want calls for HQ coming to his new business phone.
I wasn't wanting the number, was just curious what kinda job it was and if it was for himself or some other company.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

you cant build motors and hang on the phone too.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like they need to get some more help. I have a problem with one of there products and I need to talk to them before I take my bike back in for a retune on the dyno, busy or not you still need to have customer service.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:13 PM
skydoc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CLICK HERE for "birds eye" aerial pic of Head Quarters compound. Shop below swimming pool (brown roof).

Head Quarters located in CANADA:
3006 St. Clair Parkway
Sombra, Ontario

Last edited by skydoc; 06-27-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Kevin from HQ is a good friend of mine. And, more than likely, it's precisely because HQ is extremely busy that they aren't responding to phone calls and emails; need to get customer items done and shipped instead of taking phone calls and responding to email.

Kevin has told me many tiimes how frustrating it is to deal with a customer with whom he has already had one or more lengthy conversations who calls back because he read something on a forum that was different than what Kevin told them, or their buddy told them something different, etc.

So, at times it's necessary to cutback on the time spent on the phone and emails and get work out to paying customers, deal with their mechanics or tuners, etc.

Hang in there; their stuff is worth the wait IMO. Also, if Kevin tells you something about what works and what doesn't; if he tells you that you need something; bank on it. The guy is a degreed mechanical engineer from Ga. Tech, been building hot rods since before he was a teenager, knows tuning, electronics, computer programming, etc. and knows way more than the guys you read about in magazines, on the net, etc.

And, he's a really good guy.

Its called customer service!!! I dont care how busy you are, pay someone to answer the phone!!! Even if its to say "we are extremely busy and we will get back to you as soon as possible" A real person goes along way compared to pissen people off..........

Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Its called customer service!!! I dont care how busy you are, pay someone to answer the phone!!! Even if its to say "we are extremely busy and we will get back to you as soon as possible" A real person goes along way compared to pissen people off..........
+1...thier lack of customer service, unanswered e-mails for weeks, unavailability on the phone is what prompted me to go with another build kit. If I have to wait to buy something....hows the service after the sale going to be?

Quick Reply: Anyone know whats up with Head Quarters