Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recieved an offer on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recieved an offer on my bike

Was riding back to VA from Indiana and stopped for gas in PA. Guy pulls up with his wife and said he had been following me for several miles hoping I would stop so he could talk to me. He mentioned several times how he really liked my bike and wanted to buy it if I ever decided to sell it. He gave me his business card and asked for me to call him if I decided to sell it. He wanted to know what I had into it and I said around $45k.

The guy owns a car dealership in Pittsburgh. I called him today and we talked for awhile. He offered me $35k for it. I'm not sure what to do. I was at a open house at a dealership in IN and the 2009 SG's sure are sweet. Would allow me to pay cash for one and then pocket the rest.

Then again, my bike is pretty much finished and I really enjoy all of the mods. I need to think this one through. I'm open for opinions.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Dombow77
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Abnmarine,

That is a tough call, your bike is sweet. I do not think I could give up that sweet looking ride. But you can always start over with the 09 Street Glide. Great platform to work off of. So still your call. I would not want to have to make that choice. Good luck.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Abnmarine
Was riding back to VA from Indiana and stopped for gas in PA. Guy pulls up with his wife and said he had been following me for several miles hoping I would stop so he could talk to me. He mentioned several times how he really liked my bike and wanted to buy it if I ever decided to sell it. He gave me his business card and asked for me to call him if I decided to sell it. He wanted to know what I had into it and I said around $45k.

The guy owns a car dealership in Pittsburgh. I called him today and we talked for awhile. He offered me $35k for it. I'm not sure what to do. I was at a open house at a dealership in IN and the 2009 SG's sure are sweet. Would allow me to pay cash for one and then pocket the rest.

Then again, my bike is pretty much finished and I really enjoy all of the mods. I need to think this one through. I'm open for opinions.

I had built a 1932 ford 3 window coupe that I invested 35k + into . I told everyone id never sell it but then while it was in the detroit autorama show in the 75 anniversary of the 32 ford display a guy id known for a few years walked up and asked if he could go in the display and take a good look at it and i said sure.. After a few minutes he says is this still for sale and I says only if you want to buy it and he asked how much and i said 45k.. That was march and the first of may he calls and wants to look again and says with buying in mind. we set up a date for the next evening and he comes over drives it and offers me 42.5k.. Well I let it go .. never looked back and see the car often . He has a bunch of money and told me he was gonna sell it to buy another car. I told him hell its your car do what you want.. Im unemployed now since february and that money is still in the bank ... My harley is payed for .... Oh ya somewhere in the midst of all this fun i had a massive heart attack. Changed my whole outlook on life after they tell you we brought you back several times ... I realize like anything else its just an object.. Others can be acquired later down the road and cash is king ... Now im not telling you id sell yours but be sure to think it over real good ........................

Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

You have a sweet ride. Other that knowing your idiosynracies on your present bike I don't see any detractions going either way.

Your bike is exactly the way you want it. But you can get a new bike with all of the enhancements and still have no payment but a two year warranty.

Good Luck nice to hear you have relavant options.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM
cropsure
Cruiser

You have one of the sweetest rides I have ever seen. If I owned it, it would take a hell of a lot more than $35,000 for me to part with it. Just my .02.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

That kind of money, you're in the ball park for a SE Ultra. Something else to think about?

Old 06-24-2009, 05:52 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

talk don't mean nuthen until you have the cash in your hand

Old 06-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
talk don't mean nuthen until you have the cash in your hand
True but then again this could be Karma putting the cash in my pocket which would be ironic since you found it funny that I had pushrod troubles earlier.

Last edited by Abnmarine; 06-24-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If you called him you must be interested.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
I had built a 1932 ford 3 window coupe that I invested 35k + into . I told everyone id never sell it ..................
Shoot I built a 32 5 window and dropped $60K into it without breaking a sweat, or should i say without realizing it - Doohhhh too late.
I sold it also. Was NEVER gonna do it. Never say never - even though I do at times.
I say it's a tough call. Replacing something you put your blood and sweat into - you never get that money out of it.
But I did turn around and buy a nice Harley
I doubt I'd sell mine now that I have in it too much (could have bought a SE by now - easily). I have a friend with an SE and he has put that much more into it. So it's all relative.
You have a sweet ride. And there is no way you can replace it for that amount.

Quick Reply: Recieved an offer on my bike