Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recieved an offer on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:06 PM
Tuco069
Road Master

If you like your bike you may want to think about it. I had a '69 camaro that was almost completely restored a few years back and let it go because someone constantly asked about buying it. He showed up at the house one day with cash and that was it. It was a bad decision. I wish I hadn't now. Not all offers are good ones down the road,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:10 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Contentment is an elusive state to achieve and retain.

The $35K to use for a brand new bike paying cash is attractive and a new project is part of what you enjoy in this hobby.

For me, it would be primarily a fincancial decision involving responsibilities as a dad to have the kids' educations funded, etc. and husband. Those are the choices only you can make.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:11 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior

You machine is the coolest looking that I have ever seen with that side car on it. That said, I've also been in your shoes, bult a machine thinking I would keep it until I died. Well, things change, we change and our taste changes. A guy made me an offer, not as much as I had in it, but I took it anyway. I still miss the old machine but glad I got what I did out of it. Paid cash for my next toy and today, glad I did all that I did. As tight as things are right now, it may be beneficial to grab the cash and buy your next money pit. You know, a clean slate is alot of fun, especially when you have some extra cash in your pocket.

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:17 PM
WingNut55
Banned

Good Answer...
Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Contentment is an elusive state to achieve and retain.

The $35K to use for a brand new bike paying cash is attractive and a new project is part of what you enjoy in this hobby.

For me, it would be primarily a fincancial decision involving responsibilities as a dad to have the kids' educations funded, etc. and husband. Those are the choices only you can make.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:23 PM
Frankie-FLHXI
Road Master

you have 45 in it so he offers you 35 .... come cack with 40 thats what he'll pay. remember he followed you and knew of the bike. he wants it so let him deal with the next pushrod problem. forget the 09 and get a 10 in one month. you'll have extra cash so rent one for a weekend once or twice until its in.... can you say screaming eagle street glide!

Old 06-24-2009 | 06:28 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by n8dc
I had built a 1932 ford 3 window coupe that I invested 35k + into . I told everyone id never sell it but then while it was in the detroit autorama show in the 75 anniversary of the 32 ford display a guy id known for a few years walked up and asked if he could go in the display and take a good look at it and i said sure.. After a few minutes he says is this still for sale and I says only if you want to buy it and he asked how much and i said 45k.. That was march and the first of may he calls and wants to look again and says with buying in mind. we set up a date for the next evening and he comes over drives it and offers me 42.5k.. Well I let it go .. never looked back and see the car often . He has a bunch of money and told me he was gonna sell it to buy another car. I told him hell its your car do what you want.. Im unemployed now since february and that money is still in the bank ... My harley is payed for .... Oh ya somewhere in the midst of all this fun i had a massive heart attack. Changed my whole outlook on life after they tell you we brought you back several times ... I realize like anything else its just an object.. Others can be acquired later down the road and cash is king ... Now im not telling you id sell yours but be sure to think it over real good ........................
Call him and tell him you found a 34 with a 383 stroker 440hp with air, power windows, blah blah blah. I will cut you in. Im not kidding

Attached Thumbnails Recieved an offer on my bike-018-copy.jpg   Recieved an offer on my bike-002-copy.jpg   Recieved an offer on my bike-008.jpg   Recieved an offer on my bike-009-copy.jpg   Recieved an offer on my bike-001.jpg  

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:04 PM
Abnmarine
|
Elite HDF Member

Thanks everyone. I'll admit I'm interested. Mainly cause I like the changes of the 2009's. I'd also buy the wife a used bike so that she can ride it.

Originally Posted by Frankie-FLHXI
you have 45 in it so he offers you 35 .... come cack with 40 thats what he'll pay. remember he followed you and knew of the bike. he wants it so let him deal with the next pushrod problem. forget the 09 and get a 10 in one month. you'll have extra cash so rent one for a weekend once or twice until its in.... can you say screaming eagle street glide!
So the 2010's are including a SE SG?

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:04 PM
monkish
Road Master

I have always found building or planning anything is more than half the fun of it. Whether it is a fishing trip, a 600 gallon salt water aquarium, a motorcycle build or a jeep. Unless you have the money (and some do) to complete a project to the point you want to achieve, and keep it and start another, you may always find yourself willing to sell your pride and joy because getting there was the fun part. And if you were the kind to build a project and then just ride the heck out of it... you would never have posted or considered it in the first place. Just a thought.... good luck.

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:10 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

well, it's your bike, but me? I'd take 40K and run...always something new to build....

Old 06-24-2009 | 07:14 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member

Ask him if he can wait a month and if there is a 2010 SESG or evened a blackened 10 SG consider it a sign that you should do the deal.

Quick Reply: Recieved an offer on my bike